Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
I know what you mean about people wanting things for nothing. Sorry to hear it's not worked out, hope you can find someone to buy the shop soon, I would but have no money I am afraid Take care
it would make a very good business for someone but ive just grown to hate the place...

Originally Posted by nero View Post
10/10 for giving it a go Alex, but it's hard work aint it, and as you say, the rewards are not that great.
thanks hun!
its not just the money, i can manage on that, its just a case of the customers attitides round here is shocking, its a small out of town area, and they are mostly inbred...but they talk to you as though you are something you scraped off your shoe but god forbid you be anything other than exceedingly polite otherwise come sunday coffe morning they decide they will boycott you for being rude!
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Im so sorry Alex ,I hope someone will buy the shop from you,Though it is a shame it has not worked out for you hun ,As you have worked very hard to make a go of it xxdk
thanks, i hope someone will....i have kept it going about the same as it was when i bought it so i should fetch the same kinda money....

Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Arr try not to be downhearted, January is always a flat month anyway after the best seasonal trade at Xmas.

Why don't you throw yourself into doing the best "Valentine" push in the town!! Go on show them all how it should be done - good luck x
i would do but the average age is about 80 and they arenot romantic in the least!
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
Sorry it never worked out hope you have luck in selling the shop tho
so do i!
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I will give you 50p.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time with it. Hope it all works out...
ta mate just another £62'999.50 to go!
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
yeah thats what i was thinking i used to work in Clinton cards january is quiet.

hope it picks up for you Alex
i always knew january was quiet, i fully expected that...im just not enjoying it...
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Have you thought of selling something different, that might help.
Sorry hun but at least you gave it a go.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 03:30 PM
they are very set in their ways here! they dont even like that i have bought the place! haha!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 04:26 PM
wot will you do instead
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Oh dear, and you haven't had it that long have you??? Did you buy it on a lease then? In which case you're probably stuck with the lease for the amount of time stated, be it one year or 5, as it's very difficult to sub-let on a lease, and if you hand in the keys and walk away you'll still have to pay the rent for the remaining lease. I suggest you get that lease out and check it out!

If you bought it with cash, then it's going to be even more difficult to sell it on in the current climate, (property has been static and reducing by up to 25% in some areas!) plus you haven't increased the value of it by way of increasing the net profit by the sounds of it either? Oh dear, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes. I do hope this is easier than I'm thinking!

I think there might be more involved here than you're thinking, unless somebody just said to you when you took it on, "hey, have my shop I don't want it anymore" and you just stepped in free of charge, and then you can just give them the keys back can't you!

I've run businesses for over 30 years and believe me it's very hard at the start, and evenings and week-ends go out the door, but you have to build things up, work hard, give up all your social life and put all your efforts into it, and then you can reap your rewards! For the first year in a business you're lucky to take any wages, let alone £2.93 per hour! Hopefully, at the end of the first year you should be raking it in, and you can see that all your efforts have been worthwhile. Maybe I was just lucky!

If you've got a lease, then dig it out and read it thoroughly!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Get rid and get out darling. Hope you find other income avenues....... x0x

Have you thought about courier work to Ireland?

*legs it*
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
wot will you do instead
well, me and oh have wanted to start a family for a while, and he has just started a pet food delivery thing and ebaying stuff like collars, leads treats etc...

we looked at his wage and anything else we get and we can manage on his wage and WFTC if we have a child and i stay home...

this way i can do his ebay orders and deliver pet food for him (it most likely will only be about 4-5 deliveries a week) so this money would be an extra..

I would stay at home till baba is about 3 by which time i would have liked to do loads of grooming training and do a bit of that as well....

Ive always been a homebody and enjoy looking after him and would like to do so a baba...

Now im not mad i know this takes ALOT of work i have looked after babies before...

and i know we would also be tight on cash but in all honesty for my own spends i can manage fiine on £10 a week..

I know it can take ages to get pregnant, so i wouldnt out the shop on the market till i saw the two blue lines!

it just seems the right timing...
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh dear, and you haven't had it that long have you??? Did you buy it on a lease then? In which case you're probably stuck with the lease for the amount of time stated, be it one year or 5, as it's very difficult to sub-let on a lease, and if you hand in the keys and walk away you'll still have to pay the rent for the remaining lease. I suggest you get that lease out and check it out!

If you bought it with cash, then it's going to be even more difficult to sell it on in the current climate, (property has been static and reducing by up to 25% in some areas!) plus you haven't increased the value of it by way of increasing the net profit by the sounds of it either? Oh dear, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes. I do hope this is easier than I'm thinking!

I think there might be more involved here than you're thinking, unless somebody just said to you when you took it on, "hey, have my shop I don't want it anymore" and you just stepped in free of charge, and then you can just give them the keys back can't you!

I've run businesses for over 30 years and believe me it's very hard at the start, and evenings and week-ends go out the door, but you have to build things up, work hard, give up all your social life and put all your efforts into it, and then you can reap your rewards! For the first year in a business you're lucky to take any wages, let alone £2.93 per hour! Hopefully, at the end of the first year you should be raking it in, and you can see that all your efforts have been worthwhile. Maybe I was just lucky!

If you've got a lease, then dig it out and read it thoroughly!
my lease is a 12 yr lease but is fine to sell on with the shop i made sure of that!

i have increased the assets of the company..as i was left with Skeleton stock so its cost me loads to get fully stocked again...

its a great shop finance wise with ebay,web and the shop itself hs some very loyal bear customers who spend 2-300 a time
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Well if it's so great finance wise, how come you're moaning about the wages you can take??? I don't see it???

IN that case, you'll be showing an excellent turnover and net profit and will sell it quickly then when the time comes - no problemo!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well if it's so great finance wise, how come you're moaning about the wages you can take??? I don't see it???

IN that case, you'll be showing an excellent turnover and net profit and will sell it quickly then when the time comes - no problemo!
coz ive been ploughing the extra money into stock
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >