View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 07:09 AM
When I woke up this morning I lay there thinking, oh no, not another day, how am I going to get through today, I don't know how I'm going to get through the next few minutes, let alone hours, I really wished I'd not woken up at all but I made myself a cuppa and came on here, had a mooch around, found some brilliant new posts, put on overnight and some funny bits as well and I'm starting to brighten up a bit, not a lot, but I don't feel so desperatly sad and alone as I did, so there's defiatley hope for the rest of the day, dogsey and all it's folk are a real tonic, and I'm so glad this thread has been started, before I would have bottled it all up, maybe even started to add to my thread, or pm someone who was so kind as to say I could anytime, then deleted it cos I thought I wasnt worth it, that people didn't really want to be bothered by me, I have so many self doubts at the moment, if someone was to tell me that black was white, I'd probably have to agree with them as I don't trust my own instincts at all
Thanks for listening to my ramblings, now all I've got to do is have the courage to press submit reply oh well here goes.
Christine
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I feel it is sad that people are afraid to seek help from so called 'happy pills'. I got to such a state that it was either the pills or end it all, you can get so low, I am glad now that I chose the pills. The way I look at it now is I take meds for arthritus, asthma and copd and think nothing of that so why not meds for clinical depression. It can be a short term thing or as in my case has been years, everyone is different. I just learn to deal with each day as it comes.
That's the position I had reached, do I give up and end it or give life another bash by going on the pills. I gave the pills a chance and have to say, although not perfect and doesn't resolve your problems so I've had to have counselling as well, been a year so far, each day is better and I am a lot more positive.

Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
hi
i have been off medication for depression for a few months and thought i was coping but over the past week have been starting to feel down again. at the moment to be quite honest i wish martin would leave again. just need some space to be alone. scared of the commitment we have remade to each other. feel i am not worth the effort to be with. so fed up as been on antibiotics nearly all summer - well that what it feels like, not able to get away on holiday and have a change of scene, sad about other personal stuff that has been going on for so long and never changes. scared that i am always going to finish up taking happy pills for the rest of my life and if that is the case martin and everyone else would be better off without me. sitting here crying and feeling so alone at the moment. want to run away from it all

sue
Oh Sue, how about just going on a nice day trip as a change of scenery, don't worry about not having a holiday but a nice day out to do something for you?
(((((((BIG HUGS))))))

Becky
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Right then Ladies and Gents,
When I saw this thread, I simply had to post a reply....

As many of you will know, my ex partner finished with me after 3 years of being together and 7 months of being married in March. Since then she's been really horrible towards me, and to this day I don't know why. Then to top it all off because I had to move back to Wales from Suffolk and live with my father and step mother, I had to rehome my darling 10 month old dalmatian Blue. Things started to look up for me when I got offered a new fantastic job - but when I moved into my apartment in Cardiff, I realised that the job was horrendous, the people were vile and it was just dreadful. Then, (I have a cyst the size of a large golf ball on the back of my brain) my cyst started to give me problems, so I had to take time off work, so they fired me! I've been going up and down to London about my cyst and I had another load of MRI scans that I'm waiting for the results of.

I should probably have told you all this before, but my mum died in my arms suddenly, 2 and a half years ago. She had been ill my whole life, but she left me, quite literally by surprise, it was horrendous, she was my best friend in the world. I was so strong when she initially passed away - I sang and spoke at her funeral, but when my ex (Tracy) dumped me for the first time 2 years ago, I had a nervous breakdown and ended up in the priory for 2 months because of my depression.

When Tracy dumped me for the last time, it was awful as I knew she had got back together with her ex, who I had been told I was paranoid about throughout our entire relationship, despite the fact that she had in fact cheated on me with her, two days before my mum's funeral.

I've been so depressed lately and I'm back on anti-depressants, as my dad and step mum wouldn't let me move back in with them, and I was buying a house but I found out that my grandmother put a clause in her will that everyone else got their inheritence now, but I have to wait until I'm 31.....I'm 22.....so I can't buy my house. I was lucky to have met Adel by this point, and she let me move in with her.....otherwise I don't know what would have happened.

I now have Icon, and this is the happiest I've felt for so long, I know he doesn't replace Blue, but its filled the gap she left. I love him, and when I'm feeling down, all I do is pick him up and give him cuddles and I'm so happy again! I have my wedding photography business starting....and I am going to uni a couple of days a week to do a degree in photojournalism.....so fingers crossed this is a new start for me.....

Thanks for listening!!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Well good luck to you. I truely believe that we have to go through some pretty horrible times to make us take stock of our lives and be able to move forward, no matter how long that takes.
Becky
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks Becky,

I'm sure I'm going to find it tough when my divorce comes through, but I have Icon to think about now, which is the most important thing in the world to me!
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Well guys, as you all know Ive very resently split with my OH of 5 1/2yrs
Think I really do need to go see the Dr, as I still feel numb, everyday seems like a rollercoaster at the moment
I have suffered from depression in the past, which was awful, it got so bad suicide was an option for me, stupid thing is if I had gone to see the Dr earlier it mite not of been so bad
I do try not to think about the bad times of the past as it make it even harder, and Im trying to stay stronge as I have the boys and the doggies to think about,
Im concerned one day Im going to just break down, as at the moment Im plodding on and I have no idea how Im doing it
Luckily my oldest boy Max, whos 4, is currently on holiday with my mum, which Im glad of as I dont want the poor mite seeing me like this
Its one day at a time at the moment, and I really dont think I could carry on if you guys weren't here to rant to
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Hi folks,

everything I have read on this post seems to be me! So I have made an appointment with the Doc's today at 11.00 so will be going at about 10.15 to get them in time, well hopefully if my scooter last that long!! to get something to help me, as many of you have said, I don't know if I want to keep going or not.

Ian
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 09:27 AM
You wont get this til you're gone Ian but Good Luck!
Becky
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 09:33 AM

i believe the same,we have to go through the cr@ppy times to make us into the person we are if you get my meaning,i woke up to the sound of the alarm,and thought what the bloody hell have i got to get up for,then i rembered this thread,and everyone who feels like me,hoping we would have all been looked down on in the night,and would have been given a break,no chance,ian im glad youre going to the doctors,get your medication,it dont have to be for life,just a little time to help you feel better,,i hope we have a better day,today ive taken the pill that says friday on the packet,at least it remind me what day it is,if nothing else,shona i aint run him over,but i put dog pee in his aftershave,
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Dog pee in the aftershave. See there is ways and means of coping.
Page 5 of 26 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »