Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Nope I wouldn't say so, the breed is a naturally aggressive dog breed..

i agree - that is why the banned breeds should stay banned - they are banned for a reason

the dogs natural instincts are too strong to be trained out of

take collies for example - those with collies know that their natural instinct is to herd - ours arnt sheep herders - but when they were young they used to round things up - thye grew out of it eventually but it has never left one of them - he still rounds things up - without training or being told to do it!!!

another thing - i heard a story a while ago about a pit bull who was well trained by a dog trainer etc - never shown signs of aggression for year ets then one day out of the blue it just attacked another dog - this is what i mean - its always in them

slightly off topic but thats why they are banned and people want these dogs for their staus "wouldnt i loook hard with a banned dog?!" erm no!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
i agree - that is why the banned breeds should stay banned - they are banned for a reason

the dogs natural instincts are too strong to be trained out of

take collies for example - those with collies know that their natural instinct is to herd - ours arnt sheep herders - but when they were young they used to round things up - thye grew out of it eventually but it has never left one of them - he still rounds things up - without training or being told to do it!!!

another thing - i heard a story a while ago about a pit bull who was well trained by a dog trainer etc - never shown signs of aggression for year ets then one day out of the blue it just attacked another dog - this is what i mean - its always in them

slightly off topic but thats why they are banned and people want these dogs for their staus "wouldnt i loook hard with a banned dog?!" erm no!
Sorry I don't agree with this at all,my bitch was attacked a few weeks ago by a JRX,out of the blue.
I wonder if he just had it in him

Any dog of any breed can and will fight if the circumstances are right.
As for banned breeds well it's a complete waste of time,BSL/DDA does not work,it has been proved time and time again.
It's wrong to target a breed,it's irresponsible owners that do the damage,once the breed is banned they simply move on to another.
So target the owners not the breed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Sorry I don't agree with this at all,my bitch was attacked a few weeks ago by a JRX,out of the blue.
I wonder if he just had it in him
Any dog of any breed can and will fight if the circumstances are right.
As for banned breeds well it's a complete waste of time,BSL/DDA does not work,it has been proved time and time again.
It's wrong to target a breed,it's irresponsible owners that do the damage,once the breed is banned they simply move on to another.
So target the owners not the breed.
Probably Sal yes, they are known to have short fuses, it IS in their character.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 10:28 AM
this is what i mean - collies have a hearding instinct - so they heard - not doing any harm - but thats what they do -

pits fight - so they have it in them -0 like collies hearding

certain dogs carry certain traits -and no matter how much we train them they dont forget what they are bred for!!

collies again - why are they so active??? because they are used for hearding and run 100 miles a day - so if you tried keeping a collie on 20 minute walks 2/3 times a day -it would blow its mind - because thats not what they are used to right???? (generally speaking!)

so yeh - agree with me or not - you have your opinion and i have mine -

if there was a vote on breeds which should be banned - the pits imo will always stay banned and pits x too -! and the other 3 dogs and several more breeds of dogs which i wont go into
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 11:11 AM
this is what i mean - collies have a hearding instinct - so they heard - not doing any harm - but thats what they do -

pits fight - so they have it in them -0 like collies hearding

certain dogs carry certain traits -and no matter how much we train them they dont forget what they are bred for!!

collies again - why are they so active??? because they are used for hearding and run 100 miles a day - so if you tried keeping a collie on 20 minute walks 2/3 times a day -it would blow its mind - because thats not what they are used to right???? (generally speaking!)

so yeh - agree with me or not - you have your opinion and i have mine -

if there was a vote on breeds which should be banned - the pits imo will always stay banned and pits x too -! and the other 3 dogs and several more breeds of dogs which i wont go into
Why???
Which other breeds would you like to see banned & what are your reasons?
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Would you then ban Alsatians, Rotteweilers, Dobermans? I just read in our local paper than an Alsatian has bit a man's leg down to the bone at a caravan site, I also know of a Yorkshire Terrier who badly damaged someone's nose that they decided to have a go at - all breeds are capable of attacking/biting people but these dog breeds are not banned - why? I still believe that no dog breeds should be banned - all dogs are capable of being aggressive and causing as much damage as a pit bull etc. As for dog's having specific traits, yes I agree but every dog is an individual, I'm sure you will find a lot of owner's who have Roteweillers who are as soft as anything, Jack Russells that live happily with other small animals. I have known Bull Mastiff's that sleep with cats and have no guarding instinct in them at all. When you ban breeds you are saying every dog in that breed is the same - they will all attack and hurt people. Every dog has the potential to do that whatever the breed. What next? Ban all dogs?
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Why???
Which other breeds would you like to see banned & what are your reasons?
staffys

because it is easy to get pit bulls in ths county and pass them off as staffys!! they arealso used as matcho status
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 01:44 PM
staffys

because it is easy to get pit bulls in ths county and pass them off as staffys!! they arealso used as matcho status
So we ban staffys next and the macho morons move onto another breed then we ban that breed and on and on it will go until every breed is banned. I have met many staffies and they are wonderful dogs. Its the morons that need banning not the dogs.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 01:44 PM
staffys

Really why doesn't that come as a surprise

Does the Kc have your breed listed as good with kids???
The Stafford is the 5th most popular breed in the UK???

Tell you what you really do wear rose coloured Specs don't you.
Yes a few idiots own them same with ALL breeds!!!

I own Two Staffords,I'm 37 years old with 3 children,urrrm wonder if I brought them for a look ard Image!

I actually feel quite sorry for you!
So Deed not breed actually means nothing to you then,so if a dog of your chosen breed attacks people we can blame every single dog of that breed can we and call for them all to be banned!
I think you have alot to learn!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Well said Sal, My two sons have staffys and children and those dogs adore the children. My sons are 40 and 34 both family men who chose that breed after researching into which dogs are good with children.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »