Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2006, 06:48 PM

A message from Max to all dog owners

A MESSAGE FROM MAX

My name is Max and I have a little something I'd like to whisper in your ear. I know that you humans lead busy lives. Some have to work, some have children to raise. It always seems like you are running here and there, often much too fast, often never noticing the truly grand things in life.

Look down at me now, while you sit there at your computer. See the way my dark brown eyes look at yours? They are slightly cloudy now, that comes with age. The gray hairs are beginning to ring my soft muzzle. You smile at me, I see love in your eyes. What do you see in mine? Do you see a spirit, a soul inside who loves you as no other could in the world? A spirit that would forgive all trespasses of prior wrongdoing for just a simple moment of your time? That is all I ask. To slow down if even for a few minutes to be with me.

So many times you have been saddened by the words you read on that screen, of others of my kind, passing. Sometimes we die young and oh so quickly, sometimes so suddenly it wrenches your heart out of your throat. Sometimes we age so slowly before your eyes that you do not even seem to know, until the very end, when we look at you with grizzled muzzles and cataract clouded eyes. Still the love is always there, even when we take that long sleep, to run free in distant lands.

I may not be here tomorrow. I may not be here next week. Someday you will shed the waters from your eyes, that humans have when deep grief fills their soul, and you will be angry at yourself that you did not have just "one more day" with me.

Because I love you so, your sorrow touches my spirit and grieves me. We have now, together. So come, sit down here next to me on the floor. And look deep into my eyes. What do you see? If you look hard and deep enough we will talk, you and I, heart to heart. Come to me not as "alpha" or as a "trainer" or even a "Mom or Dad", come to me as a living soul and stroke my fur and let us look deep into one another's eyes, and talk. I may tell you something about the fun of chasing a tennis ball, or I may tell you something profound about myself, or even life in general. You decided to have me in your life (I hope) because you wanted a soul to share just such things with.

Someone very different from you, and here I am. I am a dog, but I am alive. I feel emotion, I feel physical senses, and I can revel in the differences of our spirits and souls. I do not think of you as a "Dog on two feet"---I know what you are. You are human, in all your quirkiness, and I love you still.

Now, come sit with me, on the floor. Enter my world, and let time slow down if even for only 15 minutes. Look deep in my eyes, and whisper to my ears. Speak with your heart, with your joy and I will know your true self.

We may not have tomorrow, and life is oh so very short.

Love,
Max (on behalf of all canines everywhere)

Author: J. D. Ellis 2001
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Absolutely brilliant
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Okay now I'm crying! (but in a nice way )

Excellent post, agree totally with the star rating, thanks for posting.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 07:02 PM
That is so lovely and i know from losing my last two dogs so young just how true it is.
I am off in a moment to go sit with my doggys and have some special time.
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks

Always makes me choke up, even now
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

11-11-2006, 07:16 PM
So very mooving and so true great post.
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Made me cry now going to go and cuddle my Kia.
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-11-2006, 08:11 PM
i'm crying 2!
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 08:24 PM
i had my little boy sat on my lap as i opened this thread what a loving wording it is thanks for sharing
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Off to cuddle my doglets now - thanks for sharing that, it's given me a kick up the a**!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >