Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Jade is scared of...

Kids
Loud noises
Devices that make loud noises
Sudden movement
Being grabbed by the collar (near back of neck)
Having her feet touched at ALL
Brushes
Toothbrushes
Claw clippers
Water
Anything holding water except water bowls
Her shadow.. no really, she barked at her own reflection
Lots of other things
Everything
mcrv11
New Member!
Male 

12-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Miles's worst fears are definitely the vet and brooms!
squeakzzz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Roxie has a fear of odd things.

-Men
-Concrete steps
-The house with the toilet on the porch
-Fountains
-Dogs with muzzles
-Cranes (the bird)
-Fish
-Large flowers like sunflowers
-Geese
-Frisbees

I guess these are things that just doesn't make sense to her.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by ianandlynda View Post
Seems to me you have an easy answer to rectify this.
I'm not looking to rectify it. I almost never have to get the flyswatter any more. All I have to do now is ask "do I have to get the flyswatter?" and they all get on the couch usually with me. As for Phoebe and her fear of men....That was caused by the idiot across the street teasing her. Don't know how long he was doing it, but when I found out I ended it. For good. Rheana..got her when she was a year old and I understand why she's afraid of anything above a normal tone of voice. She is now 12 yrs. old. She will run and hide if you accidently close a door too loud. She's better than she was, but she is never going to be ok with loud noises. At least she has lost her fear of plastic bags and newspapers.
AngelicMisfit13
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2015, 03:30 PM
My puppy is afraid of loud noises and the vet (getting her temp taken, getting fecal sample taken, and shots). That's what I've found out so far (I've only had her since March 16th, 2015).
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2015, 06:51 AM
The only time I saw wee dog who is a strange mix of bassett hound and Jack Russell, cowed was when she came face to face with a hige black Newfoundland.... the way she kind of looked up and up and up at this huge dog was awesome. Never before and never since; this dog is fearless and bold ( bold means naughty here in Ireland... cheeky, bold..) Oh I forgot the vet , the one time she was in.. cowered at the back of the pen and the poor man was appalled that she was so terrified.. I mean this wee girl once took on a herd of cattle that had got into the garden and got kicked by one. Fearless can be dangerous
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
The only time I saw wee dog who is a strange mix of bassett hound and Jack Russell, cowed was when she came face to face with a hige black Newfoundland.... the way she kind of looked up and up and up at this huge dog was awesome. Never before and never since; this dog is fearless and bold ( bold means naughty here in Ireland... cheeky, bold..) Oh I forgot the vet , the one time she was in.. cowered at the back of the pen and the poor man was appalled that she was so terrified.. I mean this wee girl once took on a herd of cattle that had got into the garden and got kicked by one. Fearless can be dangerous
PS and of course she is TERRIFIED of me when she has sinned mightily... Will not come near and puts on her bassett face!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Holly is scared of a lot of things:
Loud noises which basically could be anything, actually they don't even have to be that loud!
Thunder
Fireworks
Raised voices
Other dogs (She's dog reactive, but also abit fearful)
The iron
The tumble dryer (only when it is on)
She is not a fan of Lorries or buses
Having her harness and collar put on/taken off. She loves walks, and they don't hurt her. But she runs and hides, or she walks over to me tail between her legs ears back.
Being brushed, same reaction as above
Being towelled down, same reaction as above

Ted is only really scared of the smoke alarm, he actually shakes!.
Page 29 of 29 « First < 19 26 27 28 29