View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2006, 05:29 PM
You've definately got to go to the doctor. I've just been through a similar dilema when I had a sudden sharp pain in breast and found a lump there. Everything was fine and it just turned out to be cysts but it'll only drive you mad until you go and have it looked at.

Have you changed your deodrant recently? I have had swelling and aching in one armpit when I used the Body Shop's deodrant even though i'd been using them for years up until then.
Malinky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Swollen lymph glands can be caused by masses of things the majority of which are minor infections, is there any chance you've pulled a muscle in your arm recently as that can cause the same symptoms?

But best to get it checked over by the professionals anyway!

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, it's one of these, do I, don't I things.

I'm always the one that urges other people to do things, but I never seem to bother about myself,

I will make an appointment for after Easter, because if it's nothing, then I'm no worse off, if it's something, then I may well be heading for grief, if I leave it too long.

Ailsa, I haven't changed my from my usual brand, I always use "sure" because it's the only one that I've found that doesn't smart if you spray it on after you've shaved your armpits.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone.

Regards

Jill

(Radar)
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi Radar,

I would probably advice to go to the doctors, but a couple of years ago i found a lump in my armpit and got totally worked up about it, got convinced i was dying (i was a young dramatic teen :P) and one night i was sat feeling it and suddenly it popped. It was just a spot and i thought i was dying

Its probably nothing but best to get it checked out

xxx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Always have things you are worried about or think should not be there checked out. Swollen lymph glands can't be described as tiny and they can become enlarged for any number of reasons and even mild infections.

So off you go and get the all clear and you can then enjoy Easter.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears
I'm always the one that urges other people to do things, but I never seem to bother about myself
Snap - so as someone who tries to help others and doesn't do a good job of helping herself -
JILL, GO TO THE DOCS !!!!!!!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
As everyone as already said go to the Doctors as soon as possible for your own piece of mind please please please xxx
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Radar Ears,

Please be checked out but I am sure that all will be well. It probably will turn out to be one of the ideas already said by the rest of your friends on this thread but I can tell you that my Mum and we must be talking of 30 years ago got a large swelling in her armpit and was convinced it was serious but wouldn't go about it, she kept it quiet but I did kind of know that there was something wrong.

Anyhow, she was visiting a relative and I don't know why but the relative had mentioned deodorants and how the aerosol type had been said to be bad for you. And she had switched to something like Mum(of all things...)

A roll on in other words. It appears that the aerosol type had been found to cause problems such as blocked glands...

Cutting the story short Mum switched and not long after one day when she was at work she felt something happening and found that the swelling/lump was reducing and eventually went away altogether.

So there is probably a very simple and safe explanation so though you are bound to be aprehensive...try and think positive and I will be thinking of you

And please let us know how things go

Gildy x
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Just wondering how things are going and if all is well as I have not seen any postings recently.

I hope this means that all is ok or that I have just missed any thread placed elsewhere...

Take Care

Gildy x
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by The Great Gildersleeve
Just wondering how things are going and if all is well as I have not seen any postings recently.

I hope this means that all is ok or that I have just missed any thread placed elsewhere...

Take Care

Gildy x
Hi Gildy,

Thanks for your post (and everyone else's too) I haven't made the appointment yet, but only because I phoned up to make one and found out that my doctor was on two weeks holiday and I just WON'T see anyone else, because I don't trust them 100 % as I do him.

I've got to phone this week, as he's back on Thursday (27th) the receptionist said.

In the meantime though, our local Royal British Legion, where I'm the voluntary secretary, has three members who are nurses, I asked the one I've known for longest, (who is a staff nurse and works in the "gynae" clinic) and we went into the ladies loo and she had a look at my underarm and felt it.

She said that in her opinion, it didn't seem like it was anything to worry about, because by the position of it, it wasn't coming from the lymph node (or whatever expression she used to refer to it) from the breast, it seemed to be too high up or (too low down), I can't remember exactly now, but I knew what she meant at the time.

So that made me feel better in the interim time, before I can get an appointment with the Doc.

Once I've been, I'll post the outcome, because everyone has been so good with their advice and also, it may help some-one else.

Kind regards

Radar Ears

(Jill)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2