View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2005, 01:13 PM
isnt there some law against this type of thing?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 03:06 PM
I already feel sorry for pure breed pugs anyway as they really don't look healthy...Don't know what I think without seeing these puggets?...Do they look even less healthy than pugs???
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Just look at this website (or not if you've got high blood pressure)

http://www.petcitypets.com/

It's in America, but even so these dogs are marketed as the latest fashion accessories!

Makes me so mad, at Xmas as well.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Mini walrus?????

ETA - The Miniature English Bulldog.

The picture of health.
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous

But where I see the point in the 'breed' I have...these I do not.
I don't want to start any friction here but what exactly do you mean when you say there is a "point" to your particular type of crossbreed? What is the point of crossing other breeds to create a look if it's not in the name of wanting to "fashion" a particular type of dog/look?

I am in no way breedist and tbh have always had rescue dogs that picked me - rather than actively gone looking for a particular breed... subsequently they have all been crossbreeds.

I echo the feelings of others that a dog should in no way be a fashion accessory, and there are obvious health concerns with these puggles. I am just curious as to your thinking...
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40
I don't want to start any friction here but what exactly do you mean when you say there is a "point" to your particular type of crossbreed? What is the point of crossing other breeds to create a look if it's not in the name of wanting to "fashion" a particular type of dog/look?

I am in no way breedist and tbh have always had rescue dogs that picked me - rather than actively gone looking for a particular breed... subsequently they have all been crossbreeds.

I echo the feelings of others that a dog should in no way be a fashion accessory, and there are obvious health concerns with these puggles. I am just curious as to your thinking...
Yeah your right, we don't want to get into this here...the conversation has been had over and over again in other posts already and I don't want to hijack a thread to start a discussion all to do with the N.I.D again

If you look deeper than the usual 'they were bred to look wolflike' which is what many can't get passed you will also see that health and temprament play an equal if not larger part to looks alone.

Anyone wanting an N.I.D as a mear fashion accessory will be left very sorry indeed, they are alot of work...

I'll be completly honest and say that to me my 'breed' look how dogs were intended...I'm sorry but the health alone and physical make up are completly different to the dog in that picture that Rips posted above...and most likely to these Pugglets...

Like I said a pug, I believe is quite an unfortunate looking and most likely as far as I know unhealthy breed of dog and I say that mostly because I can't see it being anything else...

No thought into the physical make up even of many pure breeds of dog has been given in many instances or you wouldn't have barrel sized bodies on short stubby legs with muzzles so short they can't breath, that is cruel and we are talking pure breeds here, even worse when they are crossed on purpose.

Try as you might you can't deny that at least my breed are head and shoulders in the physical steaks than these type of dogs.

I wont get into any more of a discussion here, but you asked me to explain so I did. This is my opinion I will also point out, you don't have to agree with me on anything I've said
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Mini walrus?????

ETA - The Miniature English Bulldog.

The picture of health.
Rips that's awful, it looks deformed
Tabatha
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2005, 12:52 AM
I have to say that I don't believe in this designer breeding, flavour of the month craze but at the same time I disagree with individuals like DaySleeper who comments that there are health concerns with puggles - comeon guys & gals, surely a puggle is bound to be healthier than a purebred pug which has a hard time breathing especially in the summer months - what were breeders thinking of when the pug (amongst other breeds) come into being? surely NOT the health of the dog, that's for sure!! Most of the purebreds are fraught with health problems and is anyone getting up in arms about the breeders who choose to breed dogs for extremeties and who regularly inbreed to emphasise a certain look??
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 09:11 AM
these puggels may well be healthier than pugs etc. but the problem I have with these dogs is the way they are talked and bred as the must have item for the moment ,these are living creatures not a new sofa ,handbag etc.
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Yeah your right, we don't want to get into this here...the conversation has been had over and over again in other posts already and I don't want to hijack a thread to start a discussion all to do with the N.I.D again

If you look deeper than the usual 'they were bred to look wolflike' which is what many can't get passed you will also see that health and temprament play an equal if not larger part to looks alone.

Anyone wanting an N.I.D as a mear fashion accessory will be left very sorry indeed, they are alot of work...

I'll be completly honest and say that to me my 'breed' look how dogs were intended...I'm sorry but the health alone and physical make up are completly different to the dog in that picture that Rips posted above...and most likely to these Pugglets...

Like I said a pug, I believe is quite an unfortunate looking and most likely as far as I know unhealthy breed of dog and I say that mostly because I can't see it being anything else...

No thought into the physical make up even of many pure breeds of dog has been given in many instances or you wouldn't have barrel sized bodies on short stubby legs with muzzles so short they can't breath, that is cruel and we are talking pure breeds here, even worse when they are crossed on purpose.

Try as you might you can't deny that at least my breed are head and shoulders in the physical steaks than these type of dogs.

I wont get into any more of a discussion here, but you asked me to explain so I did. This is my opinion I will also point out, you don't have to agree with me on anything I've said
Thankyou for the reply - just for the record I have no interest in attacking yourself or the NID, and personally think that they are (your's included) beautiful, vivacious dogs.

I completely take your point when it comes to looks and health - and as far as I understand there is health testing for all NID's registered with the associated society which can only be a good thing. I somehow doubt the same care is taken with these fashion breeds.

Also the point you made regarding many pure breeds and the health problems associated with them. All breeds started with crosses and I find it very sad that in the past people have found it acceptable to create a dog with obvious health problems and then continuing to encourage unhealthy characteristics such as you mentioned... obviously some people will never learn and so we will continue to see fashion breeds like these poor Puggets/Puggles.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >