Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 12:00 PM

I'll Have Two

Hi This article was some time ago, but wonder how much you would be prepared to pay for the dog of your dreams,I know someone that paid for a dalmation that was £1500,but if you do spend lots of money,how would you treat it,keep it indoors,the dalmation was kept in a large barn,with lots of security,but to me it would always be a worry,if people try to break in and steal pigeons or carp because of there value,what chance do you have keeping a valuable dog safe from thieves the worry would be to much and the dog in my eyes could never have a normal life,going for walks it would have to remain at home.Gemini54

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nearly-1m.html
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 12:21 PM
I guess you can only be prepared to pay what you can afford.Clearly for this guy money is no object,let's say to him as a Multi millionaire,paying a million for his dog would be like your average Joe paying a thousand for theirs.
Not sure what I would do in his situation...BUT...I wouldn't mind finding out
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 12:31 PM
I think there are worse things he could have spent his money on really, we would if we could afford to too
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 01:21 PM
He's ABSOLUTELY fabulous and I can understand why someone who had that sort of money would be prepared to pay so much for him.

When my first Shar-Pei died, after the grieving was over all I wanted was to own another one ... Pei are my dream dogs! Georgina cost me far more than I could really afford ... she's my birthday and Christmas present to myself for many years to come! I don't regret spending the money because she brings me so much pleasure and joy.

I have to admit though that I sometimes worry that she might be stolen because in this country few people can afford to pay so much for a dog and when I'm asked how much she cost I lie!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2013, 01:32 PM
All things are relative I guess, if he's minted and you would need to be to pay that kind of money then I guess it's no big deal, better that than frittering it away on wild women and drugs etc.
Once I've paid for my dogs I don't give a second thought to how much they cost me to buy, it is what it is and you pay what you think is reasonable for the dog of your choice. All mine are treated the same whether they were free or cost in excess of a grand.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
I guess you can only be prepared to pay what you can afford.Clearly for this guy money is no object,let's say to him as a Multi millionaire,paying a million for his dog would be like your average Joe paying a thousand for theirs.
Not sure what I would do in his situation...BUT...I wouldn't mind finding out
More like your average Joe paying ten bob for his Lacey!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
All things are relative I guess, if he's minted and you would need to be to pay that kind of money then I guess it's no big deal, better that than frittering it away on wild women and drugs etc.
Once I've paid for my dogs I don't give a second thought to how much they cost me to buy, it is what it is and you pay what you think is reasonable for the dog of your choice. All mine are treated the same whether they were free or cost in excess of a grand.
Eggsackly! Very well put.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi This article was some time ago, but wonder how much you would be prepared to pay for the dog of your dreams,I know someone that paid for a dalmation that was £1500,but if you do spend lots of money,how would you treat it,keep it indoors,the dalmation was kept in a large barn,with lots of security,but to me it would always be a worry,if people try to break in and steal pigeons or carp because of there value,what chance do you have keeping a valuable dog safe from thieves the worry would be to much and the dog in my eyes could never have a normal life,going for walks it would have to remain at home.Gemini54

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nearly-1m.html
Don't alot of pedigree dogs cost 1000-1500?

When walking that dog around would a potential thief know how much it cost ?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by KYes View Post
Don't alot of pedigree dogs cost 1000-1500?

When walking that dog around would a potential thief know how much it cost ?
Yes you are right, when we got Betty we looked at pups up to £1200 and they all sold quite easily. Couldn't afford that ourselves but obviously others could.

Have had people approach me when I am walking Betty wanting to buy her they offered well over £1000 said no of course she is our baby but people will pay if they want something enough.
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Agreed with all the posts so far.

I'm planning on adding a new puppy to my little pack next year hopefully if all goes to plan. As I'm importing the puppy it's going to cost me far more then the "average" dog. But most of that cost is down to the travel arrangements. The dog itself is the expected price I'd imagined.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >