View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2013, 09:21 PM
How cool, on the poodle thread I said toy poodle or Sheltie are my two fave tiddlers.......
I got Sheltie and my first runner up was poodle, now how am I going to tell Ima
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Mmm, have just answered all the questions on the kennel club's breed selector and even although I can exercise for two hours and want a large dog, they say I'm most suited to a pug, chihuahua or a portuguese podengo..
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I got an Australian Cattle Dog! Mmmmm I don't think so! do questions really, and odd that the max daily exercise they have is 45 mins? Not sure an ACD would be happy with 45 mins a day.
I wonder about this 'recommended exercise time' stuff. Maybe it's what they get used to but I'd be feeling dead guilty if tiny little Bella didn't get AT LEAST that much (45 mins) once a day and a couple of shorter walks on top.

What are these dogs that happily spend 23+ hours on INACTIVITY?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I wonder about this 'recommended exercise time' stuff. Maybe it's what they get used to but I'd be feeling dead guilty if tiny little Bella didn't get AT LEAST that much (45 mins) once a day and a couple of shorter walks on top.

Mmmmmm...I'm not sure! I've no idea why 45 minutes would be the max! Both of mine would love as much exercise as they can get!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post

Old lady couch potato lurchers (and I know cos I had one )
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2013, 06:41 AM
According to the Animal Planet one the best matches for me at 96% are:

Miniature Schnauzer
Pug

95% match

Australian Terrier
Norwich Terrier
Sealyham Terrier
Smooth Fox Terrier

94% match

Border Terrier
Cavalier King Charles
West Highland White

Considering that I put down a couch potato who needs minimal grooming, I wonder how they came up with those?

Actually they put the Miniature Schnauzer as best match but also gave a Pug at the same 96% match, and my choice of the above breeds would be a Pug.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2013, 08:29 AM
I agree with Imana-Banana about couch potato lurchers - Gertie would never bother to stir herself to greet you - you'd have to go over to the settee to greet her.

I've just done the questionnaire again, manipulating my answers in expectation of getting a greyhound or lurcher. But this time there was only one breed recommended - a Black and Tan Coonhound.

Anyone know where I can get one of those?
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
i'm very pleased used breed selector and I should own a Greyhound well that was oneof the breeds chosen for me
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Animal Planet gave me Standard Poodle, with (amongst others) ESS and Kerry Blue as runners-up. I think I got poodle as 1st choice because I said I was prepared to groom every day!

One question that has got me hopping mad though, is the one that says something along the lines of "I want my dog for hunting, so getting along with other animals isn't a priority"

Seriously, I beg to differ! With most forms of hunting, it is absolutely essential that your dog is safe around other dogs; adept at reading canine and human body language and also trustworthy around farm animals and can be trained to stop on the whislte regardless of other distractions.

Not tried the KC one yet.....
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Animal Planet said:
Poodle 97% I really am not a fan of Poodles

Border comes in second place with 96%
So do Australian Shepherds
English Springer Spaniels

Irish Setter 95% love the red ones

And quite a few breeds I have no interest in owning.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >