Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Anyone want to join me ?

Started a diet on January the 1st and just weighed in and have lost my second stone. Sadly several more to go but wondered if anyone else is trying to lose and if so could we perhaps support each other ?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Started a diet on January the 1st and just weighed in and have lost my second stone. Sadly several more to go but wondered if anyone else is trying to lose and if so could we perhaps support each other ?
Two stone in less than three months is fantastic - congratulations! I had wanted to lose at least 10kg but seem to have stuck as I still have 5kg I want to shift [plus a load of flab as I look about 8 months pregnant ].
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

26-03-2013, 10:16 AM
Well done, that's amazing , what diet are you doing ?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 10:29 AM
I am counting calories and moving around more, weighing portions seems to make a huge difference to me as I was under estimating hugely the weight of a portion (particularly of cheese !)

I was diagnosed with diabeties so had to make changes but am faeeling so well on my diet I can't imagine why I ate as I did previously

Only down side is healthy foods are so much more expensive than sugary ones.
Jackie Ok
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-03-2013, 11:41 AM
hi well done i put on 4st since losing my mam 3 years ago so will be losing weight i hope as of today starting a healthy eating plan i do plenty of walking so must be the food:blush
Meg
Supervisor

26-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Good for you Julie that is excellent .

I lost half a stone this time last year and have kept it off with sensible eating I would like to lose another few pounds and hope to do so when the weather gets better and I can walk more.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2013, 12:29 PM
I'll join you! I struggled to do up my roomy jeans this morning - things are looking bad! The trouble is I sprained my ankle weeks ago, so I'm doing very little exercise. My son has taken over the dog walking, and although the ankle is much better than it was, it still aches if I try too much. So, the only attempts at exercising I'm doing is lifting dumbbells.

Plus, I keep making flapjacks. And eating them.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I am moving around more as I said but initially I started my diet with little I could do at all, I have MS so have to take the good days with the bad and walk when I can. But point is it is possible to lose even with little or no exercise.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post

Plus, I keep making flapjacks. And eating them.

Hahahaha!
Ahh, baked goods... the dieters downfall

I'm addicted to macaroni cheese, which isn't good so i've been trying to eat healthier. I'll join and and post yummy healthy recipes if I can
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2013, 12:49 PM
I suppose my trouble is that I've kept eating the same amounts as if I was doing lots of exercise. At one time I was doing loads of things like Zumba and other classes, and running, and cycling, and skipping, as well as taking the dogs on long walks. For various reasons everything except the dog walking stopped and, very gradually, there was more of me and I went up a size. Now the dog walking has stopped I am struggling to get into those larger clothes. So, it looks as if I must take much more notice of portion size.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »