View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
I have just tried to put in an order and got the message "No shipping method is available for your region".
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
TBH I doubt they would ship it to me although I will put it on my next order and see if they accept the order, but as I would only want it for wounds I would probably get this:

Wound Honey

even though it is only 12+

I get an additional 10% discount on my orders plus free postage which helps the cost, but somehow I cannot see them agreeing to mail a jar of honey.
You could always try and see if they do or not

The wound honey doesn't say what their activity rating is based on - if it's total, then any normal honey might be just as good.

Come to think of it Malka, you could probably get real RAW organic (local) honey there couldn't you? I would probably give some of that a try

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
This really is a fascinating topic Azz, and you talking of taste (which is sort of important in it's own way if one wishes to take the stuff on a regular basis) makes me reiterate what I said before.........the stuff that I have is absolutely delicious

Those plastic combs don't seem right do they, it smacks too much of trying to tailor something to suit needs in a commercial sort of way, if you know what I mean. And just how many companies are now jumping on the bandwagon of the sudden popularity of this product?

Keep going Azz!!! We need to know what to buy.

Malka.....that Synergy product looks good!
I'm glad I'm not the only one interested in the details

Thing is these honey's cost a lot of money, so they can at least be clear about how they produce and pack it so we can all make informed decisions.

I'm glad you like the taste - some people don't like the taste of Manuka honey, but I love it it's funny how they all taste different too. The Rowse is very different to the Steens for example - but I enjoy both

I will try to hunt out some more emails later - I have some from Rowse, and I think a few others too
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
You could always try and see if they do or not

The wound honey doesn't say what their activity rating is based on - if it's total, then any normal honey might be just as good.

Come to think of it Malka, you could probably get real RAW organic (local) honey there couldn't you? I would probably give some of that a try
True. Kibbutz Yad Mordechai is only a few km away and they are famous for their various honeys. Whether they sell raw organic honey or not I have no idea but it is worth a telephone call to ask.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I've just checked my emails, and I have actually been in contact with them - here's their reply, after I asked if their honey was Raw or not:

Needless to say I wasn't impressed with their reply. They also did a bit of stirring, when I said there were a few companies supplying RAW Manuka such as Steens, he said:

I actually spoke with Sheryl Steen (owner of Steens) and told her about this, and although she defended her company's position - she never asked me who said this. Which I thought was odd.

It has made me quite suspicious of the industry tbh - it would be nice if Which did a test and investigation into, the strength, and natural enzymes (to see if the honey's are raw or not).

These honeys cost a lot of money, and I think customers have a right to know exactly how it is produced and processed.
Gosh - I had no idea! I don't know why I'm so surprised; maybe I should adopt a more cynical stance.

There is a plus side to heat treating (apart from making it easier for them to process)... that it can actually increase the strength so if it's for external use such as Jimmy's paw, it's probably no problem at all.

I think the RAW honey would be better for those who want to use it for gastric related problems, or specifically want the enzymes.

But the downside to RAW is it costs a lot more. (And even the ones that are RAW may not be perfect, such as using plastic combs in the hives).

Talking of plastic combs, here's one of the replies I had back from Steens:

At some point I want to try their 20 and 25+ varieties - I have tried their 10+ and 15+ and in terms of taste, it is one of my favourites (and I certainly like that is is RAW - even if they do use plastic combs)
Are the plastic combs BPA free?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Here are the honeys I have here at the moment

As you can see, they don't last very long here

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
True. Kibbutz Yad Mordechai is only a few km away and they are famous for their various honeys. Whether they sell raw organic honey or not I have no idea but it is worth a telephone call to ask.
Let us know how you get on Malka Who know's they might even have a Manuka plantation nearby (we actually have one here in the UK, but their honey runs out very fast).

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
No Idea Linda - I forgot to ask
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 10:14 PM
We need more people to come on with their experiences good or bad really Azz and Malka...........certainly I will buy more of the stuff to have on standby for Jimmi, but also for myself in relation to all manner of ills The thing is, one needs to know that there is no ripping off going on.

I paid nearly thirty pounds for my pot.........but the vet did say that it was ideal for wounds. However, if I can buy one from Tesco at 15+ at half the price or so, and it does both wounds and me so to speak, then clearly that would be the way to go
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Gosh - I had no idea! I don't know why I'm so surprised; maybe I should adopt a more cynical stance.

Don't ever do that....it is better to be disappointed now and again, than go through life constantly being suspicious!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Here are the honeys I have here at the moment

As you can see, they don't last very long here

Let us know how you get on Malka Who know's they might even have a Manuka plantation nearby (we actually have one here in the UK, but their honey runs out very fast).

No Idea Linda - I forgot to ask
That is serious! Don't forget to brush your teeth after all that.

We need more people to come on with their experiences good or bad really Azz and Malka...........certainly I will buy more of the stuff to have on standby for Jimmi, but also for myself in relation to all manner of ills The thing is, one needs to know that there is no ripping off going on.

I paid nearly thirty pounds for my pot.........but the vet did say that it was ideal for wounds. However, if I can buy one from Tesco at 15+ at half the price or so, and it does both wounds and me so to speak, then clearly that would be the way to go
It's no way scientific and might well be circumstantial but my little girl seems much better with her cough and slight wheeze after a couple of days taking Manuka honey. However, I tried it a couple of years ago on her eczema and it didn't make any difference. I believe Aloe Vera made a difference here.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Don't ever do that....it is better to be disappointed now and again, than go through life constantly being suspicious!!!
You're right.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-11-2012, 10:21 PM
I have to say that the Rowse 15+ "feels" like it has been the strongest one I have used to date.

I base this on how my root canal filled tooth (the one I had out last) reacted to it.

Not sure if any of you have ever had a tooth abscess (if you haven't you're lucky - it HURTS!!) anyway, once you start on the antibiotics you feel it almost 'sizzling', as the antibiotics get to work.

Well that's how my tooth felt when I tried the Rowse 15+ for the first time, and after a few days it stopped (almost as if it killed the infection). None of the other honey's I have tried have had the same effect tbh, but then it could be argued that the Rowse did the job and the other's didn't have an infection to work on.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >