Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Can I have a kick up the backside please? Im falling back into bad habits, finding it hard to get my enthusiasm back and the weather is not helping
How come you are falling into bad habits again?

Just think of the weight that you've lost and how it made you feel.

I'm on a downer with it at the moment too, but I'll keep trooping on.

Why not get yourself some sugar free jelly - that's 0 points, but gets a sugar craving out of the way.

If you fancy some chocolate, what I do is have some hot chocolate - much less fattening than a bar of chocolate, and if you buy the sachets, it's easier to just have a small one

Also, if you find yourself wanting to graze, either have a glass of cold water (it's meant to help with suppressing appetite) or chew some chewing gum (or brush your teeth - things are never as nice after brushing teeth to me)
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
How come you are falling into bad habits again?

Just think of the weight that you've lost and how it made you feel.

I'm on a downer with it at the moment too, but I'll keep trooping on.

Why not get yourself some sugar free jelly - that's 0 points, but gets a sugar craving out of the way.

If you fancy some chocolate, what I do is have some hot chocolate - much less fattening than a bar of chocolate, and if you buy the sachets, it's easier to just have a small one

Also, if you find yourself wanting to graze, either have a glass of cold water (it's meant to help with suppressing appetite) or chew some chewing gum (or brush your teeth - things are never as nice after brushing teeth to me)
I think its a combination of my 12 week challenge thing finishing, me feeling a bit stressed with my OH leaving his job before he found a new one (which he has and starts today thank god!) the weather being pants which always makes me want to eat more and just loosing enthusiasm for it.

However, feeling my enthusiasm back and im starting the next 12 week challenge this evening so am back on it mum was talking about when we get our horse last night and its made me more determind to get there. I need to buy a set of scales so I can keep an closer eye on my weight, I think going 3 weeks without a weigh in has just killed off my drive but its coming back. I need to loose 3 pounds a week to be at my target for christmas. I reckon I can do that
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I think its a combination of my 12 week challenge thing finishing, me feeling a bit stressed with my OH leaving his job before he found a new one (which he has and starts today thank god!) the weather being pants which always makes me want to eat more and just loosing enthusiasm for it.

However, feeling my enthusiasm back and im starting the next 12 week challenge this evening so am back on it mum was talking about when we get our horse last night and its made me more determind to get there. I need to buy a set of scales so I can keep an closer eye on my weight, I think going 3 weeks without a weigh in has just killed off my drive but its coming back. I need to loose 3 pounds a week to be at my target for christmas. I reckon I can do that
i'm glad you're getting your enthusiam back

If you follow your diet strictly, and note down what you're having, and exercise (which I only do dog walking, but that's over 3 hours a day, which to me is by far enough lol), you should be able to reach the 3lb a week pretty well provided you have it to lose
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
i'm glad you're getting your enthusiam back

If you follow your diet strictly, and note down what you're having, and exercise (which I only do dog walking, but that's over 3 hours a day, which to me is by far enough lol), you should be able to reach the 3lb a week pretty well provided you have it to lose
I have 8 stone to loose lol Im a dog walker so its not hard for me to get the exercise, im going to change where I walk to more hilly places, take them further and walk faster etc. had my first weigh in sincethe last challenge finished and i have put on 3 lbs in 3 weeks, i did think it would have been worse than that so im not disheartened.

one guy put on a stone and a half in 5 weeks!!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I have 8 stone to loose lol Im a dog walker so its not hard for me to get the exercise, im going to change where I walk to more hilly places, take them further and walk faster etc. had my first weigh in sincethe last challenge finished and i have put on 3 lbs in 3 weeks, i did think it would have been worse than that so im not disheartened.

one guy put on a stone and a half in 5 weeks!!!
Had he been on a cruise?
It always makes me smile seeing those folk on "Supersize vs superskinny" and they are supposed to follow the diet plan and put on weight and they put on a measly 2 pounds or thereabouts!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 09:38 AM
well its back on track today for me.

Work has been so mental and ive been so stressed that everything has gone out the window and im back to old habits that I was in to when we started. But ive got a clear couple of weeks boarding wise, which means I can hit the gym a bit more

My rubbish money situation is finaly sorted so I can afford to eat better and re-start my gym membership.

My mum has been on holiday so now has more to loose again which has spuured me on cause she stopped coming on walks and stuff with me when she hit her goal which threw me off a bit. But its all back to normal now.

So this evening for dinner I will be having a chicken salad.

How is everyone doing?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 06:34 PM
That's brilliant well done

I've "finished" my diet now (having lost 4st 4lb), but am trying to carry on my good habits

It's hard when you lose your motivation, but you sound like you've got it back really well
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14