View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh, and there are plenty of nice places just outside of Glasgow to live that are lovely as well as being an easy to commute to Glasgow! Let me know where you're planning and I'll give you some ideas, too.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Really exciting news about relocating - hurry up baby we are all waiting to hear how big you are and what your name will be - not to mention how the birth went!
Good luck and I'll keep checking this post a few times each day.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Wow, relocating as well! Exciting times.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Not had a baby, so not much help, sorry to say.
Am sure you will know when he is on the way...... a new baby and relocating.... how exciting!!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Nothing at all happening still!

I've decided I'm going to be a bit more active. I had the dogs out last night (been missing their evening walk with hubby recently in case i fall over or have another near miss in the pitch black - we stuck to the road and lanes!) We went food shopping too, and today I am going to go out to get some bits and bobs, and maybe do a little bit of Christmas shopping Sitting on my bum, slouching on the settee with the odd (short) spurt of cleaning isn't doing anything for me!

I'll wear a waterproof coat and boots to fill incase my water's go!

Hubby arrived home with more details about the relocation last night not all great imo, the job has to be advertised!!!! So he has to go through the whole interview procedure (in approx 3 weeks, argh!) so it wasn't an OFFER like he told me over the phone, of course in his mind it is, 'well it is really, because of course i'm more or less guaranteed the job', urm, nope you're not! He is a good grafter, but it's still not a definate is it!?!

There's a few other things too, he want to visit the sites up there before he makes a definate decision, and also says he wants to ensure there's an on call salary ontop of his regular, as he doesn't want to drop wage if they don't need an engineer on call as part of the job, which i understand.. I think that makes up a fairly big part of his wage at the mo.

Ah well, what will be will be, a very firm believer in things happening for a reason This whole Scotland thing has been going on years, the right time will come, we always said as long as we bring our kids up their first years in Scotland - so it is cutting it a bit fine if it doesn't happen this time!

You are all super for offering to help me out with locations, thank you xxxx looks like we will definately need help judging by the time scale! It's going to be a case of house viewing by google earth then only time for one visit to the property ultimately before we commit!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Lovely to hear all your positive news..... hopefully baby will put in an appearance very soon

x0x
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Morning - I've just checked to see if you'd had your little 'bundle' ...... not yet! Hopefully things will still sort out for you and your other half (oops and baby) to relocate up to Scotland. It is amazing how some OH's state something as a 'definite' only to find out that it isn't quite 'definite' and totally dependant on other things .... job interview. I don't think your OH is any different from many others!!
Off to the dentist now ... ugh! Take care and everything is crossed for your little one to make an appearance today!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Thanks Vicki xxx

Thanks jenny g, Yes, men eh?! He's a pain for only remembering to tell half a story for all kinds of things, missing the main bits (imo anyway lol) out!! Eeurgh good luck at the dentist you poor thing, not my favourite place either!

I'll have to work out how to do the *UPDATE* in the original title for when the baby has arrived so you don't all need to keep checking back, in case this goes on for another week Heehee xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Oh no, i didn't realise Ben was so early, must have been such a worrying time, i can't imagine All the emotional of a normal birth/new arrival tinned with the worry of that Look at him now! He's such an outdoorsy, fit, healthy little lad, always rosy cheeked xxx
Still no sign then? You must be getting very fed up by now

Yes it was a very worrying time. I had two scares. Firstly, my waters broke at around 25 or 26 weeks if I remember rightly, and I had to be rushed to Glasgow (no beds at Edinburgh!). I was told then that if he was born in the next day or two then his chances of survival were slim Thankfully he decided to stay put and so after a few days I was allowed home again, but had to have check-ups at the Borders General every few days (a 100 mile round trip each time).

Then just a few weeks later I started to bleed heavily - I had a blood clot (didn't realise until after he had been born by emergency CS) and so was rushed to Glasgow again (STILL no beds at Edinburgh). Thankfully we both survived it and now Ben is, as you say, a very healthy and fit 3 year old. He will be 4 years on the 17th December. The time has flown!

Brilliant news about the relocation - well, it will be once Paul has secured the job I love the North West Coast (Highlands) and there are some lovely places near enough to Glasgow to be able to commute to work ie Loch Lomond area ... BUT the East is much drier and colder! Which is preferable, as far as I am concerned, to grey, wet but milder
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2011, 10:12 AM
poor you but i agree being active makes all the difference, my waters went after I was cleaning the bathroom floor - the only time I ever got on my hands and knees to scrub it I might add !!!

Get yourself moving doing loads and he will come !!!!

as for scotland, slightly biased but its wonderful, central belt is good for transport links, I am Edinburgh based and there are loads of surrounding villages etc which are lovely. Edinburgh tends to be more pricey the closer to centre you get

Just make sure to avoid certain small villages which are literally housing the inbred - sorry can't help but be that blunt about it, there are some which are just notoriously dodgy !!!! and quite poor.
Page 6 of 21 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »