Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Lost another 2lbs this week, forgot to mention I also was diagnosed type 2 this summer as well
Keep at the diet. Hubby has controlled it with diet from the start and his levels are so good now that the doctor says if they tested today, they wouldn't be able to diagnose it.

It really is well worth the weight loss and dietary control
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm trying to lose some before my forthcoming wedding on November 5th but it's not going too well!!

Anyway i saw these on This Morning the other day so i'm going to order a pair:

http://zaggora.com/pages/HOW-IT-WORKS.html

They get very good reviews so fingers crossed!!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Good on you and good luck with it

I dont diet myself but my friend who was around a size 20 joined weight watchers and lost loads of weight in 1-2 years, shes now a size 12 and looks great! She has a bit of loose skin from losing weight so fast so I would say take it slow and keep up with it. My friend kept up her motivation by going to the weigh-in where she felt she had to lose weight each week so ate well..

I LOVE carbs and sweets so my only limit I put on myself is to try not to go over 10 grams of SATURATED fat per day. Cheese is a killer, as is anything creamy. Some hummus and other things can be surprisingly fatty too.. I eat lots of bread and sweets, but lmited chocolate and butter Bread has little fat and veggies have none - I dont worry about sugar!

Good luck
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks

I was thinking of joining WW but as I don't have a job at the moment I can't really justify spending more money lol

Part of the issue for me is knowing what to eat... it's hard finding nice recipes haha
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Thanks

I was thinking of joining WW but as I don't have a job at the moment I can't really justify spending more money lol

Part of the issue for me is knowing what to eat... it's hard finding nice recipes haha
You could do a similar thing to WW without joining, such as keep a weight chart. Every week have a weigh in and find someone that you have to tell your weight to (or how much you have lost of gained that week), it should keep you motivated knowing someone is going to hear about it

A WW recipe book could be a good investment.. Books from £7

Some suggestions:

Porridge with water/skimmed milk, low fat cereals and skimmed milk, fruit compotes etc for breakfast.

Stir frys - fry the veg in water rather than oil. Cabbage, peppers, bean sprouts, mushrooms etc.

Soups are great for lunches

Carrots, peppers, cucumbers with a low fat dip as a snack.

I like eating frozen fruit as a snack too - you can buy big packs of mixed frozen fruit which I pick at - I'm sure you should de-frost it but I don't bother!

Dried fruit (not sugar coated) Mango, apple, dates, figs and the non-fried bananas are my favorites.

Snack-a-jacks and rivitas etc (my friend ate LOADS of these)

Low Fat youghurts

Grilled lean meat or fish for dinner with veg or salad.
Small amounts of potato, rice, pasta etc (there is barely any fat in these unless you add it).

Skewered meat and chicken.

Hope all goes well
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for that!

I am starting to eat a lot of soup recently actually!
I normally use semi-skimmed milk with porridge, will try with water or skimmed then

What are good low fat dips?

I can eat raw carrots on their own, I literally go over ones with the peeler, and then eat it as it is

I do eat snack a jacks

Breakfasts is the one thing I am having a lot of issues working out, as I love having porridge with fruit, or fruit with low fat yogurt, but now I am not sure if I should as fruit has so much sugar in........ lol
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Skimmed milk has SO much less fat in it so that's defs worth changing (I can't drink semi now it's way too creamy!!)

Personally I wouldn't worry about fruit but I'm not a nutritionalist..
As long as you burn off the sugars so it cannot turn to fat that's the main thing I believe. You need to get your energy from somewhere and fruits are a good source of sugar.

In terms of low fat dips either make one using a low fat natural yoghurt with chopped up cucumber or get one in the dip section at the supermarket. The low fat ones have much less fat but do check the satfat content to be sure. I like the garlic and herb one!

Another nice breakfast is a low fat museli (some can be mega fatty so check that) with yoghurt and fruit. Also a slice of toast should be fine with no butter on - I like mashed banana on toast but I'm probably alone there!!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Thank you that is very helpful, and all sounds really nice!

Yeah I havn't worked out my fruit situation yet... as I adore most fruits, but maybe I shouldn't east AS many lol, like I may limit myself two 2 portions of fruit a day or something.

I shall swap to skimmed then! I never thought there was much of a difference tbh!

Thanks
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 01:16 AM
One thing I really should be doing more of is sleeping.... I really need to start getting more sleep!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 07:15 AM
You do need some sugar for energy. I am type 2 diabetic and eat loads of fruit. I have a banana, an apple and a pear and some grapes every single day. As I follow the SW plan, all of this is free. I tend to eat low calorie Super Noodles for lunch, or a healthy salad, again all free.
My one weakness is a Curly Wurly in the evening. This takes all of 6 out of my 15 Syn daily allowance, and I'm happy to part with them

I started off wanting to lose 7 stone, but having lost four (nice and slowly) I now reckon another one stone will do it for me. I'm currently a size 18 (and deliriously happy about that) down from a 28-30.

I can now shop where I like, too!

Whatever system you decide on following, please remember to eat enough, otherwise your body believes there's a famine and will store fat.

On SW I can honestly say I've never, ever been hungry it works just perfectly for me.

Good luck!
Page 5 of 29 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »