Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:10 PM

Who's got flu!! Advice thread...!

Everybody seems to be ill this Christmas! Urgh, my Dad gave me it yesterday I think. My mum and oh has it too!

I'm achey, shivery, headachey, sickly and sleepy. No cold or sore throat etc, which isn't like me

All I can do is sleep, we've got no tablets in, my OH is too ill with it to drive to the nearest shop!

Argh, what will shift it?! I don't want to be poorly on my week off
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2010, 09:13 PM
No good news here ..my mate was taken to hospital with flu tonight... In his early 30s too..
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Hmm...give in and sleep -I tried to work thought it - still not right 3 weeks later.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
No good news here ..my mate was taken to hospital with flu tonight... In his early 30s too..
WHAA?! Oh my goodness! Is he ok????

That's nasty...it must be a really nasty one doing it's rounds this year. My fella's little nephew has been ill with it for 10 days...so far...
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Hmm...give in and sleep -I tried to work thought it - still not right 3 weeks later.
Oh my god!!! Isn't that such a long time to be ill with it you poor, poor thing! xxxxxxxx
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Just heard hes got pneumonia(sp)
a christmas his family will remember ...
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Just heard hes got pneumonia(sp)
a christmas his family will remember ...
Oh how awful, at such a young age too, I thought only old people got that. Sending wishes for his speedy recovery xxxx

I think I need to stop moaning
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Na just look after you and yours ...
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:35 PM
If you have no tablets....sleep and drink lots of water to flush it out.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 09:37 PM
You poor things. I'm into my 3rd week of it, and have to say, it really was the very worst flu I've ever had in my life, and now I've given it to o/h, he's had it for about 5 days now and getting worse by the day

Although mine has almost gone, it's left me with a chronic ear, and the doc's said, it's all down to the flu I had which blocked my sinuses and caused the bad ear. I'm not the first with the ear problem, there's two other people I know who have ended up in the same boat as me, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

You have to get some Paracetamols tomorrow and keep on taking them, it's the only way to get through this one. Keep those ears warm too on your walks outdoors, if you don't wear a hat, you'll probably end up in pain like I am now. Hubby's been taking the Beecham's All In One Ultra's, but he has also said, it's the worst flu he's ever had he feel awful. I would also recommend getting the Olbas oil for the steam inhalation, coz the doctors told me if I had done that from the start, I wouldn't be in this state now with the sinus problem causing the ear pain!

that's about all the tips I can give you, and good luck, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, I'm getting the flu jab next year even though I said I'd never have one again after the last time, but quite honestly, if you want to avoid this latest bout, get the jab is my tip!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >