View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deester
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2005, 07:26 AM
That's the life and fresh lobster, can it get any better! You lucky things.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Archaeopath
Now I don't like gyms cos they've got this stupid rule about not smoking
That reminds me of the gym I used to go to. One of the instructors was banging on about smoking and excercise. He lay down on a mat to show me how to do sit ups (as if I needed to be shown ) when a packet of B&H fell out of his track bottoms pocket. I've never seen anyone go as red as he did. I certainly excercised my stomach muscles that day, laughing too much
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Gyms are boring
Get on a push bike or go for a walk in the fresh air that is the way to keep fit
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:53 AM
great pics nat
them lobsters look evil
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Natalie your barely dressed in your pix lets hope nobody spreads the pix around and your OH ex doesnt see them LOL
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Roxy
Natalie your barely dressed in your pix lets hope nobody spreads the pix around and your OH ex doesnt see them LOL
OMG you're right! Perhaps I could train an attack lobster to fend her off!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Lovely photos Natalie

An ex of mine used to freedive - he would have been soooo jealous of your lifestyle

Love the water - you certainly have a wonderful environment to live in - good for you
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=NatalieS]I normally go to the gym everyday during the week, then at the weekends we free dive to catch lobsters and spear fish so that's a pretty intense workout. Really good for your legs and bum!

This is me with some of our catch:
And this is me in my wetsuit complete with spear!

it would have nice to take photos of them i see it here they have every year the world championship in free diving they are good and i find a hard but good sport but i allways feel sorry for the fish unlless we eat them what i expext you do ?
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Would love to go diving here, but I'm too old and fat for it! There are 7 old German battleships out in Scapa Flow, from the Deutsche Kriegsmarine, 1919, which are very popular, plus there are scallops to be caught, by the bucketful.

Lobsters have been overfished in the Flow, so they have had to be restocked with tagged specimens (you have to let these go). I understand that sharks can be a bit of a nuisance (basking species), although I wouldn't worry about them, personally, as I'm ugly enough to scare the brutes away!

Snorri
NatalieS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2005, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=fredsdoghouse]
Originally Posted by NatalieS
I normally go to the gym everyday during the week, then at the weekends we free dive to catch lobsters and spear fish so that's a pretty intense workout. Really good for your legs and bum!

This is me with some of our catch:
And this is me in my wetsuit complete with spear!

it would have nice to take photos of them i see it here they have every year the world championship in free diving they are good and i find a hard but good sport but i allways feel sorry for the fish unlless we eat them what i expext you do ?
Our fish and lobsters always get eaten, we don't catch anything unless we can eat it, so we leave the Baracuda etc alone because they're not so good. We have three restaurants so anything that we don't eat ourselves normally ends up as a special in one of them.

We're going to an open water spearfishing competition at the end of July in Cape Hatteras, NC, that will be a big challenge. We'll be using spear guns where as now we use a pole spear and we'll be fishing for tuna and wahoo (big game fish). We've been practising our deeper dives as we need to be comfortable at around 50ft. At the moment our average dive is around 35/40ft so still a way to go! The OH is out diving as I write this, fish for supper!!!
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >