Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Well, that went well

not sure why Im posting about my day but as Im all alone with only myself and the dogs to talk to I thought I'd share
First I took all the front slabs up on the drive, and replaced them with newer ones, bigger and heavier, and used the old ones to make a small feature under the front window so I can stand a couple of fancy pots on at a later date.
Then I weeded the whole drive and using a large rake I brought all the down so its back in place.
Weeded all round the side of the house up the passageway between ours and next doors (only our side as they will let you do everytime).
Had a lovely soak in the bath and decided after much pondering to walk ALL 4 dogs instead on 2 by 2.....which went extremely well.

Tess walked to heel (Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! so proud of her) Skye walked without a lead as she stays right up my ass, and Mojo held onto Bruce's tail the whole way to the park (looked like a baby elephant trunk to tail)

So we are All very pleasantly Kn**kered now

Fun day
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I had to have a lie down, eat another choccie and drink another glass of wine after reading your post.

I admire your industriousness, now I am sure you are having withdrawal symptoms so what about coming over to mine and removing the weeds that have sprung through my gravel?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Yay I do love fruitful days!

Today our pheasant poults arrived, so spent morning sorted all that out. Then I treated the pond with anti algae stuff and skimmed it, then fed the fish. Had some lunch then a bit of training with OH and dogs. Quick shower, and now OH is cooking dinner
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I had to have a lie down, eat another choccie and drink another glass of wine after reading your post.

I admire your industriousness, now I am sure you are having withdrawal symptoms so what about coming over to mine and removing the weeds that have sprung through my gravel?
It would be my pleasure mate xx

Keeping busy is what keeps me young.......... however my joints are screaming out.................''FFS give up now''.

So pleased the dogs got their second walk though, they have been star's today staying by the front door whilst I was busy on the front xxx
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Well done you! I managed to mow the lawns, and got a bit carried away with weeding (well, de-jungling really). Took the dogs to the river, did some washing and dried it on the line, and went to PAH for new balls and food. I did not manage to lay a drive, or make a new path though, so you win!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Yay I do love fruitful days!

Today our pheasant poults arrived, so spent morning sorted all that out. Then I treated the pond with anti algae stuff and skimmed it, then fed the fish. Had some lunch then a bit of training with OH and dogs. Quick shower, and now OH is cooking dinner
yours sounds like my day busy busy busy xxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Huh! That's nothing compared with what I've had to contend with today. Spend the afternoon alternating between lying on sunloungers and dipping in the Med down on Makenzy beach - ordering drinks from the girls who come round to serve you. Struggled about 20yards to the Gorgona Tavern where we scoffed a Romanian menu meal at about 6.30pm. Home for a shower off and now vegging out in front of TV and laptop.

But I feel quite EXHAUSTED now reading your account of your day - do you mind? I was trying to relax!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Hiya
Well that sounds like a good day. Does Pat not get to come home again while he is on the buses?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Must be the sunshine that has made everyone so productive. After our outing this morning, my 'quick' clean up of the kitchen turned into a major spring clean then the spare bedroom (just waiting for the last duvet cover to come out of the dryer to make up the last bed).

I wonder if the 'quick' clean of the living room will go the same way tomorrow
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Well done you! I managed to mow the lawns, and got a bit carried away with weeding (well, de-jungling really). Took the dogs to the river, did some washing and dried it on the line, and went to PAH for new balls and food. I did not manage to lay a drive, or make a new path though, so you win!
have to admit the new path has waited for months, but finally being on my own I got it laid...woman-power
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Huh! That's nothing compared with what I've had to contend with today. Spend the afternoon alternating between lying on sunloungers and dipping in the Med down on Makenzy beach - ordering drinks from the girls who come round to serve you. Struggled about 20yards to the Gorgona Tavern where we scoffed a Romanian menu meal at about 6.30pm. Home for a shower off and now vegging out in front of TV and laptop.

But I feel quite EXHAUSTED now reading your account of your day - do you mind? I was trying to relax!
swop you
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Hiya
Well that sounds like a good day. Does Pat not get to come home again while he is on the buses?
No, another 4 weeks (unless he gets home-sick) his first day off is next week when he will need to do his washing. He working mainly lates and nights the whole time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >