Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2009, 07:57 PM

Horrid colposcopy experience...

Whilst iv been offline, iv had to go in for a colposcopy to investigate abnormal cells on my cervix. The whole thing was really quite horrid, I ended up needing 2 biopsies, which left me in a fair bit of discomfort, but not only that I also got torn, so couldnt sit down properly for about a week, which was pretty bad trying to sit at my desk at work. That was 2 weeks ago, and they told me I would have to wait 4 weeks for the results, so fingers crossed for me ! Just wondered if anyone else has had this and how their experience was?????
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Sorry to read your experience hon. Hope your results come back fine xx
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I also had a horrid experiance at this. The next time i went i told them my rules and what i expected of them. I was very traumatised by my first experiance of it. They ended taking 3 or 4 biopsies from me and like you i couldnt sit down and i was in agony. But i made sure i got my point across at the next appointment which went a LOT smoother. I have another on in August and there giving me vallium as im very very nervous about stuff like that lol.

A lot of the time its just young women have cells changing when you are growing. Im sure it will be fine , the worse bit is waiting for the results x
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
I also had a horrid experiance at this. The next time i went i told them my rules and what i expected of them. I was very traumatised by my first experiance of it. They ended taking 3 or 4 biopsies from me and like you i couldnt sit down and i was in agony. But i made sure i got my point across at the next appointment which went a LOT smoother. I have another on in August and there giving me vallium as im very very nervous about stuff like that lol.

A lot of the time its just young women have cells changing when you are growing. Im sure it will be fine , the worse bit is waiting for the results x
Glad im not the only one Valandra, thanks for sharing. It was really horrid at work, I work in a very male dominated office, so didnt really want to discuss it out loud, everyone kept asking me if I was ok and what was wrong as I was lowering myself into my chair. I think they thought I had piles !
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I had a colonoscopy under sedation, and the sedation wore off as they were pumping air into my colon
I screamed, and they quickly put me back under, but it still wasnt nice!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Adele-84 View Post
Glad im not the only one Valandra, thanks for sharing. It was really horrid at work, I work in a very male dominated office, so didnt really want to discuss it out loud, everyone kept asking me if I was ok and what was wrong as I was lowering myself into my chair. I think they thought I had piles !
omg this brings memorys back, i was the only woman in the office as well lol. 15 men and me. They all done the same as you but the manager knew what i was going in for and let me just have half days all week. he was sooo nice about it bless him
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 09:13 PM
I had one and loop diathermy. I have never felt pain like it.....and I have had 3 kids

I hope your results are clear x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I had one and loop diathermy. I have never felt pain like it.....and I have had 3 kids

I hope your results are clear x
ouch!!! apparently there are 3 stages where they take stuff from you. the biopsys, the loop and the cone. each gets worse in pain as it goes up. i seriously feel for ya :S
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 10:00 PM
I had a colposcopy a while ago and just found it very uncomfortable. I then had to go on to have a cone biopsy in hospital, but of course they give you a GA for the op.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 05:34 AM
How awful for you hon (hug).

I had a colposcopy some years ago, and the experience, although scarey, was ok.

Hope the results are good x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >