View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Just a thought Snorri, when you see the solicitor tomorrow, make sure you have a list of everything you want to cover, as if you're anything like me, most of it goes out of the window when you get there.
Hope he is able to help.
Will be thinking of you.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Have just had another phone call from my "care manager", who wants me to fill in an application for a flatlet near my day centre. The fact that there's a 10-year waiting list doesn't seem to register. This is silly - I have a perfectly good home already, I just want help getting back to it! This, however, appears to be an alien concept........

Snorri
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Just read through all this Dougie. So sorry to hear about your situation and there's not really much more I can add to what's been said already.

Just make sure you make the most of your time with the solicitor tomorrow and then keep your cards close to your chest.

Best of luck whatever route you go down.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Snorri,

I'm so so sorry, I really am, I wish I could help. I hope Mrs S comes to her senses and sees that what she is doing is horrendously wrong, and just downright evil. You fight for everything Snorri, make sure you do, we're here to offer support whenever we can!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh Snorri, I'm so sorry and pretty appalled to read this.

I have come to the conclusion that there are some real bitches and bar stewards in this world. One of my old ladies had a daughter-in-law like this and though it would be a great idea to offer a service knocking those people off. In her words 'I'm nearly 80, no one would suspect a thing' lol.
She was joking, but wouldn't it be great?

I really hope you can get some good advice and help and achieve all you want for you and your dogs.

Becks xxx

P.S Not all social workers are bad, I know some really fantastic ones, doing their best with often an appalling work load, hugs to the good ones and two fingers to the badduns who get them all tarred with the same brush x
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:55 PM
i was just totally gobsmacked. how the hell can she kick u out of your home. i really hope that u can get back in your home.
she sounds like a 100% cow.
good luck with the solicitor 2morrow.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2009, 06:52 PM
One of the SWs referred me to an advocacy group here in Kirkwall. These people profess to be there to speak for the client when there's an adversarial situation, so I took them up on it. The woman waltzed into the house and promptly told Mrs.S that she should get an advocate, too - thus cancelling herself out. Hmmmmm, as much use as a chocolate fireguard, although they are NOT SWs, they do demonstrate the level of assistance I've had I just want to go home.......

Snorri
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:38 PM
So sorry to hear this Snorri I hope you have a positive outcome tomorrow!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Best of luck tomorrow with the solicitor and hope he sorts things out so you can get back in your house. I don't think she can actually stop you really, if its the matrimonial home then it belongs to both of you, you have put money in it, you are entitled to be there. Sooooo if you fronted up there and moved in I think she would have to get an injunction to get you out, and have to prove that she lived in fear of you or something daft. If the shoe was on the other foot and she decided to come back in I don't think you would be able to stop her either.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Best of luck tomorrow. I`d say take the offer of the Advocate as well. Even if the missus has one too - it has to be better than nothing, yes?
I`ve got a sort of support worker because I`m a Carer - and I find that she knows how to pull strings and who to approach to sort stuff out - and she`s good to rant at.
Page 6 of 37 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »