View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 08:59 PM

Hairdresser almost snipped off a mole, won't stop bleeding. Help!

As it says in the title. I have aprominent mole on my neck which I have had since birth. My hairdresser has snipped it almost off and it won't stop bleeding. If I leave it under a plaster it stops but if not pressed into place it bleeds so that the blood runs down my neck. What on earth do I do? Not so much from the hairdresser aspect but medically.

Anyone any experience?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Ouch.

I've a little mole on the side of my neck that I sometimes shave off by mistake as I forget where it is under the shaving foam. Being tiny it only bleeds for an hour or so so I just pop a wet little square of folded up loo roll (like a shaving cut) on it and the blood holds it on till it dries.

A big one might be more difficult though.

How big 'was' it ?

Are we talking a coco pop ?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:08 PM
A coco pop when it is all grown up! a petit pois maybe....With a lift up flap!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:11 PM
how long has it been bleeding hun?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi Rachel, apply pressure to it and if you have any ice, wrap that in a hanky or something and apply the pressure with that.
Do you have any Vaseline? If it reduces to a trickle apply some of that it sometimes forms a seal.
If it really is a pouring, then maybe you should get yourself to A&E.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

If I were you and it had been bleeding for more than an hour, I would take myself to the hospital personally.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I had my hair cut at 2p.m All was well unyil about 30 mins ago when I took the plaster off and my neck was covered. I have cleaned it back up and put the plaster back on.The pressure seems to stop it but will it heal?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Like a jelly mole you mean (that's what I call them anyway)? For now, I would just cover it with a moist piece of wet wipe or something like that, or tissue, as already suggested. It has to stop bleeding eventually.

Why don't you get it frozen off. I had a "jelly mole" on my neck all my life then, three years ago, I went to see a dermatologist about something totally different and asked him about the mole, he asked if I wanted rid. I said "oh yes" and he froze it off. It just went all frazzled and fell off within a couple of days, end of. Can't believe I left it all those years. Often caught it with towels, necklaces and such, very painful and used to bleed a lot. Go to your docs and get rid, it's so simple and pain free Hope it stops bleeding soon
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:15 PM
The best way to stop it is to...stop it. Put pressure directly on the wound. If you have some type of gauze, use it. Gauze pads hold the blood on the wound and help the components of the blood to stick together, promoting clotting. If you don't have gauze, terrycloth towels work almost as well.

If the gauze or towel soaks through with blood, add another layer. Never take off the gauze. Peeling blood soaked gauze off a wound removes vital clotting agents and encourages bleeding to resume.

I took the above off the net,
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys.I have put the plaster on and it is contained.I will leave it overnight and see what happens in the morning.I think I just panicked (my kids did too!) when the plaster came off......
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >