Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 06:18 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 26th July

Good morning everyone

It is not for us to tell you what to do Moyra but I do think Steve is taking liberties with you. After all it is your home and he should respect that

Lovely morning. The garden looks better for yesterday's rain.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 07:25 AM
Good morning Sue, and all to follow, I trust you and your four legged friends are all in good heart. Have a good day, take care and stay safe and well. God bless.

I am torn over Steve he drives me mad but I love him and would find it very hard to push him out with nowhere to go. He's just brought me a cup of tea so he's not all bad.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 07:51 AM
Good morning all

I am planning over the next couple of days to paint the back fence. Going black, already done the gates and finally got the timber care painted one strip to see what it looks like an if it takes over the dark brown and it has so off I go. Hope it does as I want and makes the plants pop against the black seem to be lost against the brown but could just be a change, although have done the gates already and have to say you loose the colours as the black seems to drift into the background rather than stand out.

But not planning on back garden fence painting today, also thinking of putting a border down the side of the parking area it gets full sun and is a West facing fence (has to be where the car is parked does it not.) but can't change it now so think a border with some climbers in or maybe even the almost thorn less roses scattered through the garden; Mortimer Sackler; Ghislaine De Feligonde; and maybe even the shrub roses Lichfield Angel and or Kew Gardens. All in thinking mode only now. Gave the names so you can google them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-07-2020, 07:58 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, Kazz and all who follow.
Nice and sunny few clouds every now and then and a nice breeze. Washing back out today after having to grab it back in yesterday, Gorden and I got soaked grabbing it off the line.

Have a nice Sunday Sue.
Moyra I get you can't put Steve out I couldn't with either of my boys, but must admit neither would treat me the way Steve does you.
Could you maybe sit down with him and explain how he is making you feel ? You really shouldn't be made to feel the way you do in your own home and you should be able to entertain. After all he is the guest in your home and should respect that and dare I say it be grateful.
Kazz good luck with the fence painting the roses sound lovely and would look nice to.
griff how are you and your mum ?

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Good morning Lynn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 08:08 AM
Moyra. Have a good day
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Morning all
Moyra, domestic abuse comes in many forms, one of which is controlling behaviour and what you have stated here in print is exactly that!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Yep agree with that. I'm thinking of relocating to iow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-07-2020, 11:22 AM
'morning everyone

Moyra - Ask Steve to keep all the fish tank paraphenalia (Sp?) in his bedroom, it should be possible, then he can have the main tank in the living area. Then you could have people in for afternoon tea etc. that would be a good compromise don't you think?

Kazz - Thanks for the info on roses's you seem well up on these. In our garden there are a few which I look after and the rest OH deals with.

I am happy to say that roses's (So far as I know) are tough plants and I just prune them to keep them under control and within the area we want them, it may not be the right way but I don't have time to get really scientific about pruning

Weather is mild, not much rain last night ('tho expected a lot) and have to get out now and do some things around the place. Bye for now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2020, 02:41 PM
Ooooo Brenda, some of my family are on the island... shanklin
Harvey, I read up on roses as there was one on my grandads grave... bloody complicated things, unfortunately the workers sprayed it with weed killer so no longer exists after 30 years.
I am worn out, mum bought some plants so I have done some containers yesterday and planted a border today, I could quite happily go to sleep!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >