Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2020, 06:40 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 16th July, 2020

Good morning everyone, hope you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day, take care, stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2020, 07:22 AM
Morning Moyra
Chris, that's a good point about only paying the once, I really hope Gary is settled for good, would be a big relief for you and Dave.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2020, 08:01 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Drizzly day here but we didn't get wet thank goodness, home before it started.
Off out for our afternoon tea day today (Beatrix Potter ) themed. We will be celebrating Gorden's 63rd Birthday and our 43rd wedding Anniversary. Mark and Lauren visiting Sunday with their pressies for Gorden, and staying for a Sunday roast.
Looking forward to cooking for them.
Michael sending something via email but at the moment it seems to be having a problem.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2020, 08:34 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Kelly and all who follow

Hope next blood test proves better Kelly

Enjoy your tea today Lynn and Happy Birthday to Gorden and congratulations on your anniversary.

Dull but warm today. Have taken the chance to clean all the outside windows so no doubt it will now rain

Hop all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Thank you Sue. Gosh you're always busy, what's your energy secret ?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2020, 11:26 AM
Afternoon all

Been to work done my 6 1/2 hard graft and now home just had a cup coffee and toast and pleased to say washing in the machine but since getting home now not looked promising weather wise ahh well.

Gert seems to be having no after effects and just sorting the insurance out.

Lynn enjoy your trip out.
Sue as a always a duracell bunny. LOL
Giff the trick is send someone else's blood in LOL
Moyra You are quiet hope all is good.
Chris excellent plans/ideas all around hope he does settle.
Brenda Anymore viewers yet?
Losos Always lovely to hear and read your posts.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Yes, Kazz very tired not got enough strength to nag him any more in fact he has been a bit better lately. He has got up to six fish tanks now but sorted a lot of the rubbish out. Hidden a lot of it behind the settee! I cannot entertain like I used to so not much point in keep nagging him. He is a hoarder like his grandfather was.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2020, 03:29 PM
Good afternoon all.

Our usual walk and then it was down to Gary's old flat to clean the fridge/freezer and empty what bits were left in the wardrobe. I had intended to do more but ran out of kitchen towel. I'm figuring a bit each day is better than all at once anyway. I ain't as young as I used to be.

Actually, yesterday I got a bit of a shock. We took the small step ladders to Gary's new flat so to reach to turn off the fridge freezer I tried to get up on the TV table. I just couldn't do it. Dave came to the rescue in the end. These small reminders of how old we are getting really do take us by surprise when we least expect it.

I'm hoping and praying that he settles into the new flat and that they can manage him. Only time will tell.

Happy Birthday, Gordon and Happy Anniversary to the pair of you. Enjoy your Beatrix Potter tea x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2020, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone. Well we hiot road works on the way there and I was panicking, tried ringing couldn't get through.
Arrived only 2 mins late naughty Gorden sped along the A14. Slowed down when a police car came off the slip road. Anyway not nearly as stuffy as they sounded on the phone very nice people.
Tea was delicious but we bought some bits home to much to manage.
Not sure how good the beatrix Potter theme was unless you knew not sure you would of guessed unless an avid fan, the Herdwick lamb pie might of given you a clue.
We thought it might be decorated with Peter Rabbits and Jemima Puddleducks on the drive and in the conservatory but no.
Despite that everything was lovely and service good and a lovely Christmas present put to good use. Very good social distancing to.

Kazz i think you have duracell batteries to.
griff sorry the blood tests weren't as good as hoped. Fingers crossed next time they will be.
Chris hope Gary settles. I find the same now cannot do the things like I use to be able to.
Moyra such a shame you feel the way you do.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-07-2020, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Despite that everything was lovely and service good and a lovely Christmas present put to good use.

So glad you had a good time there and enjoyed the afternoon tea. I should have warned you that the Police do seem to be particularly evident on that road, but pleased you didn't get done

On the Anglia news to day there was a story about dog thefts, it's getting serious now. A kennels near Barton Mills has had all their dogs stolen and a couple near Holywell Row have had their three dogs stolen. Allegedly the prices for dogs have skyrocketed due to the pandemic and single people wanting a companion.

That's not the best reason for getting a dog and I can see large numbers ending up in rescue centres. It is claimed that 'working dogs' are high on the thieves list.

With Xena & Bruno generally sleeping on the front lawn at night we are worried that they may be targeted. Bruno in particular will always bark if there is someone around and if it's very late at night I will usually hear him.

Problem is that he will follow anyone especially if they have a treat in their hand
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >