Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2020, 06:30 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday 7th June, 2020

Good morning all, hope you and your four legged friends are all fit and well.

Kelly hope your Mum is much better this morning and Chris, Dave is on the mend.

Have a good day all, stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2020, 09:48 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you are well Moyra

Lovely morning here with a gentle breeze so not so cold. Heavy rain yesterday afternoon/evening so that has done the garden good.

Been busy cooking, meat pies, now in freezer, base and filling for lemon meringue pie so just the meringue to do and a vanilla sponge. Will fill with jam and butter cream yum very fattening

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Good morning all

Wet and windy here so not a very nice morning

I look at all these protests and despair that life will never get back to normal. No matter the cause it has to be irresponsible with the virus out there waiting for willing recipients.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2020, 11:39 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, Chris and all to follow.
Bit damp here agin today not so windy and warmer.

Been to do some shopping, Dillon needed yoghurt, cottage and treats and while I did all that Gorden popped into BM and got some bags of soil.
Everything that needs wiping down wiped down.

Chris other protests in Watford for example went off peacefully and distancing adhered to like the London one should of, shame the thug element has to turn up and spoil a peaceful protest and turn it into something it was intended to be and then tars all the peaceful protesters with the same brush as them.

griff hope there is some positive news about mum.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2020, 12:26 PM
Afternoon all

Hope all are well and those under the weather a bit brighter.

Rain and then in the gap between the rain yet more rain. LOL

Been out with Gert; and fetched my click and collect shopping from Asda (love the lockers) later I plan on reading my next chapter in the spare bedroom listening to the gardening slot on the radio can't believe last week I was searching for shade to listen in. Just doing lunch chicken and roast dinner.

Have a good afternoon all.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2020, 01:45 PM
Jenny Wren

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2020, 02:45 PM
She's gorgeous Barry. Nice piccies.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Awwwwww, how cute!!
Mums in a much brighter mood thank you xx she was very down yesterday but managed some sleep last night.
Managed to make a roast dinner... chicken, being a veggie I kind of worry about killing someone with an underdone chicken lol I did o.k, chicken, stuffing, mash, roasties, cabbage carrots, cauli and peas!! Oh yeah remembered the gravy lol...now officially worn out and I am not going to move for hours!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2020, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Mums in a much brighter mood.................................. being a veggie I kind of worry about killing someone with an underdone chicken lol

So pleased to see Mum is feeling a bit better, hope it continues and they let her come home soon.

I was reading an article about non animal food yesterday, seems there are two routes, one is plant based and will never taste exactly like real meat.

The other route is not quite perfected yet but takes some cells from a real live animal (without in any way hurting it) and somehow multiplies those cells millions of times to get a product which looks and cooks and tastes EXACTLY like the meat products we are currently eating.

A bright future I think, pity I can't remember the name of the company who are doing it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
tars all the peaceful protesters with the same brush as them.

Good enough point Lynn but why are we having peaceful protesters at all.

If a policeman anywhere in the UK killed a man whille arresting him do you think there would tens of thousands of protesters in Washington, Los Angeles, Chicago or ANYWHERE in the USA ?

No way, it wouldn't even get a mention on the major news channels over there yet because of the huge influence and money behind the American news channels the UK brain washed population trot out like good little servants.

There is a quiz show my wife sometimes watches. The questions are invaribly twisted towards America, e.g. "Name a state which has an 'S' in it's name" I've never seen a question "Name a county in the UK with 'S' in it's name"

The ratio of American orientated questions to English oriented questions is about 2:1 and what is really worrying is that most people in UK are quite willing to be dictated to by the US media hence their willingness to turn out to demonstrate (peacefully or violently) as soon as the American media say the word.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >