Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 07:44 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 5th April, 2020

Second time of posting the first one disappeared.

Good morning all trust you are well, your four legged friends also. Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone this is the second time of typing it all out went to post it and it completely disappeared. so posting in bits and pieces then editing. Otherwise I would give up.

Its a lovely morning here and waiting for the sun to hit the back, its gorgeous in the front which is South facing. Shortly off out with Gert for our long road walk as opposed to our long field run walk.

Assembled the mini greenhouse yesterday was not sure I had put all the pieces away but seems I had albeit slightly bowed shelving but luckily bowed up not down so will straighten out with plants on rather than sag, to me April seem too late putting it up but what with the wind and weather we have had I was not going to risk it, and I am going to secure it to the fence today. Belt and Braces Approach

Then sowing some flower seeds if they all take I will have enough to supply the neighbourhood I think.

Also since this week tidying the shed and summer house have been trying to work out what to do with my old bike which has seen better days all round and have decided to use a floor brace thing I had for the outdoor Christmas tree as a support and use the frame to put some hanging baskets affixed to it see what happened I may become an artist in my own back yard LOL

Just waiting for the bedding to finish in the machine then hanging that out before Gert and I go out.

May paint the inside of the Summerhouse white and bright, anyhow catch you all later.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Second time of posting the first one disappeared.

Good morning all trust you are well, your four legged friends also. Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Ditto mine disappeared too eh up what's up Doc?

Hope you feel better today Moyra?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 08:13 AM
Morning, Suns up so will be out in the garden for more cutting off of dead bits on roses. Whiskers on kittens, sorry thats music creeping in. bg!! Have a good day peeps. Slowly going potty. Hm get that, potty goes with seeds.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 08:19 AM
Good morning Moyra, Kazz and all who follow

Hope you are feeling a little better today Moyra

Good idea with the bike Kazz I have seen a lot of decorated bikes on my travels, most of them free standing, but they do look pretty with baskets of flowers on them. Most of them have also been painted lovely colours too.

Lovely day here too. Teazle walked, macoroni cheese made and ready to freeze, bread and butter pudding soaking for lunch too. Now off to sow some aubretia seeds in the greenhouse.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.

Phew have made it to the end without it disappearing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2020, 10:15 AM
Morning Moyra, Kazz, brenda, Sue and all who follow.
Another lovely warm sunny day here.

Another day in the garden pottering and fixing the window film to front windows.
Mark just called for a chat Wickes are struggling with the click and collect and he has had to go into the car arks and shout at the public to distance from his staff and if they didn't he would bring them all in and they would get bleep,bleep,bleep nothing.
A customer eventually went and apologised and said B&M were rammed packed to.

Keep safe and well everyone and all four legged friends are to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 10:34 AM
Good idea with the bike Kazz I have seen a lot of decorated bikes on my travels, most of them free standing, but they do look pretty with baskets of flowers on them. Most of them have also been painted lovely colours too.

Sue that's a brilliant idea paint it too. Thank you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra, Kazz, brenda, Sue and all who follow.
Another lovely warm sunny day here.

Another day in the garden pottering and fixing the window film to front windows.
Mark just called for a chat Wickes are struggling with the click and collect and he has had to go into the car arks and shout at the public to distance from his staff and if they didn't he would bring them all in and they would get bleep,bleep,bleep nothing.
A customer eventually went and apologised and said B&M were rammed packed to.

Keep safe and well everyone and all four legged friends are to.
Lynn we BQ are having very little trouble we have set out 4 pallets high with printed "STAY IN YOUR VECHICLE UNLESS LOADING" A- J in parking spaces so we have a pallet stack parking space pallet stack parking space we have used the disabled spaces as they are wide. They pull on car park we have someone at entrance point to verbally check conformation email received and reminded of respectable distance then are asked to go to a free space and wait we go out with clip board take their name order number and brief description of item then we come in and have the others in alphabetical order on shelves or large bulk items on pallet correct trolley for item. They show the correct collection details and we leave the item for them to put in car. Working very well we have an on foot collection point marked out too, but most people are driving biking in. We are finding most people are being really nice and keeping their distance

What are they doing t Wickes? Just to mention we are having on average in my store alone over 500 click and collects coming through a day
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning, Suns up so will be out in the garden for more cutting off of dead bits on roses. Whiskers on kittens, sorry thats music creeping in. bg!! Have a good day peeps. Slowly going potty. Hm get that, potty goes with seeds.
I am also finding myself adding song into conversation.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2020, 11:02 AM
Similar i think Kazz but they have construction still ordering too not your little man building a local extension but the big boys.
Mark is putting in place they are not doubling handling goods so some guy wanted 700 pieces of plasterboard, that was put in the yard at the back and the guy was told he would have to load himself, which he accepted, tons of sand being ordered to. Guy with the plasterboard brought his pick up and a friend brought his along to and as Mark said it kind of defeats the object.
Mark is now putting in place his staff will not be double handling at all on big items. Staff will place it where it can be collected credentials checked customer will have to load themselves.
It isn't the quantity of customers although he has said most of it is non essential, it is the rudeness of people and them putting his staff at risk not following the social distancing rules.
He won't tolerate it nor will his manager they look after their staff they will not tolerate verbal abuse aimed at their staff either.
He siad it has gone crazy at their store.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >