View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KingPitbull
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2014, 04:06 PM

Should Dog Lovers or Other Animal Lovers Become Vegan?

Its no question that the majority of Americans and other westerners eat meat. You cannot even go to most restaurants without seeing some form of dead animal(chicken, beef, pork) as the main dish or on the side.

For most Americans, it is not their fault they currently eat meat, because they were more than likely raised that way.

But if you really love dogs and if you especially love animals in general, does it ever bother you to say, "Oh, I love animals.....I'll have a Big Mac to-go!"

It sure bothers me. It bothered me so much that I have stopped eating meat completely for month and I ain't missin it.

Doctors WILL lie to you and say that the BEST source of protein is only from meats like chicken, fish, and eggs.

Nothing but lies.

I love to listen to people like Dr Fuhrman, who is nothing like modern doctors.

Meat has no nutritional value without potential dangers like salmonella poisoning as well as parasites.

Uh...to that I say, "No Thanks!!"

Alot of people don't want to even believe or hear that animal protein can be very responsible for diseases and even cancer.

There are vegetables and fruits that have been proven to possess anti-cancer fighting properties.

Name one type of meat that can do that?

This stuff about meat possibly causing illness and veggies and fruits doing the opposite is not my opinion, this is fact.

If you don't believe me, please look it up for yourself.

There are countless sources.

I am not trying to piss people off.

I want to wake them up.

The doctors and the fast food industry can't make the big bucks off of well informed, disciplined Americans, ya know?

So beacuse of health and ethical reasons, becoming vegan might be the most important thing you can do to save your life.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by KingPitbull View Post
Its no question that the majority of Americans and other westerners eat meat. You cannot even go to most restaurants without seeing some form of dead animal(chicken, beef, pork) as the main dish or on the side.

For most Americans, it is not their fault they currently eat meat, because they were more than likely raised that way.

But if you really love dogs and if you especially love animals in general, does it ever bother you to say, "Oh, I love animals.....I'll have a Big Mac to-go!"

It sure bothers me. It bothered me so much that I have stopped eating meat completely for month and I ain't missin it.

Doctors WILL lie to you and say that the BEST source of protein is only from meats like chicken, fish, and eggs.

Nothing but lies.

I love to listen to people like Dr Fuhrman, who is nothing like modern doctors.

Meat has no nutritional value without potential dangers like salmonella poisoning as well as parasites.

Uh...to that I say, "No Thanks!!"

Alot of people don't want to even believe or hear that animal protein can be very responsible for diseases and even cancer.

There are vegetables and fruits that have been proven to possess anti-cancer fighting properties.

Name one type of meat that can do that?

This stuff about meat possibly causing illness and veggies and fruits doing the opposite is not my opinion, this is fact.

If you don't believe me, please look it up for yourself.

There are countless sources.

I am not trying to piss people off.

I want to wake them up.

The doctors and the fast food industry can't make the big bucks off of well informed, disciplined Americans, ya know?

So beacuse of health and ethical reasons, becoming vegan might be the most important thing you can do to save your life.
Considering your first post was asking members for their opinions on modem medicine, we have now moved on to your true intent.

Good for you , you don`t eat meat, or don`t trust doctors or vets, or anything that does not fit your belief, if you believe all that, so be it, but allow others to make their own mind up and use doctors medicine and vets, along with eating meat if they want to.

As i said earlier, it would be interesting to see how strong your belief would stretch if you or your dog actually needed life saving medication, from one of those lying doctors and vets.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2014, 04:19 PM
No,I don't think they should Personal choice,each to their own I say.I don't eat meat or poultry,haven't done for years.Have so far not suffered any health issues as a result of my decision,so I also don't miss it.I'm not a vegan though.I do love my tuna and eggs ( I buy and cook meat,chicken etc for my family and wouldn't dream of having it any other way.Its just not for me.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Dr Joel Fuhrman, who advocates eating at least one pound of raw vegetables and another pound of cooked ones each day.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Incidentally, do you expect the dog you hope to get one day to also be vegan?
KingPitbull
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2014, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
No,I don't think they should Personal choice,each to their own I say.I don't eat meat or poultry,haven't done for years.Have so far not suffered any health issues as a result of my decision,so I also don't miss it.I'm not a vegan though.I do love my tuna and eggs ( I buy and cook meat,chicken etc for my family and wouldn't dream of having it any other way.Its just not for me.
I absolutely agree. That is why in my last sentence I used the word "might," to let people know it is a matter of choice.

I can't make anyone do anything and they can't make me do anything.

I just want people to know what's up.

I do love animals too. Which is why I joined this forum.

I applaud you on your diet.

But everyone can do what they please.

I only wanted to speak facts about meat and veggies and how I feel about it.

I am not speaking for everyone else.

If I insulted or hurt people's feelings simply from stating fact, I apologize.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2014, 04:48 PM
My feelings have not been hurt by you stating facts but by you forcing your ideas on us which I do not consider to be fact.

For every story of the goodness of vegetables there is a contradictory one, and another of the goodness of meat.
We are by nature carnivores. We all have minds and tastes of our own and I think it is up to us as individuals to decide what we eat.
Dogs are carnivores and there is no way a dog of mine would never be fed a vegetarian diet, despite the fact that Pepsi loves all veg, cooked or raw.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by KingPitbull View Post
I absolutely agree. That is why in my last sentence I used the word "might," to let people know it is a matter of choice.

I can't make anyone do anything and they can't make me do anything.

I just want people to know what's up.

I do love animals too. Which is why I joined this forum.

I applaud you on your diet.

But everyone can do what they please.

I only wanted to speak facts about meat and veggies and how I feel about it.

I am not speaking for everyone else.

If I insulted or hurt people's feelings simply from stating fact, I apologize.
But your not stating facts, you are preaching what you believe to be true, you have made some very inflamatry statements about doctors and vets... Expecting us to "wake up" to your way of thinking ...life's not like that, some of us have every faith in our vets and doctors, and are old and wise enough to realise we " need " them to keep us and our animals healthy.

You can follow a vegan path if you wish, but your attitude was from from the rigth one ...
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Nope, to be honest it is personal choice, i don't eat meat fish or poultry, haven't for 24 years... i only have a tiny bit of cheese and the odd bit of milk and the only eggs i ever have are in things like pasta cakes etc, i was 11 when i decided meat was not for me as i didn't like the taste, there were 4 of us in total at school who did it but the others were back eating meat after a week. I have no issue with people eating meat, i do think that it would be nice if all meat eaters gave consideration to the animals life and passing but i do appreciate that sometimes finances play a big part in that. If i cook for my dad and brother i don't cook meat mainly because it is something that i don't really have a clue how to do and the only time i have cooked meat was for my ex and my dogs and both times the meat is very very well cooked... i would guess overdone as i have no clue how to cook stuff without it being likely to make someone ill Lol
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2014, 09:02 PM
As an animal lover, I have always questioned the ethics and right-ness of eating meat. I will stand up and honestly say that I'm a bit of a carnivore, I love meat, I thrive on it as I do not deal well with carbs - I thrive on a low carb diet. So I'm in a bit of a parodoxical situation. I would much prefer to be a vegetarian than an omnivore on purely ethical grounds but unfortunately I cannot ignore facts and hard biological evidence - we have teeth which have evolved over a long period of time to enable us to have an omnivorous diet and ipso facto to me that equates to a diet which includes meat in one form or another. My personal opinion is that we need a small amount of meat not just to survive but to thrive and reach our potential. We could survive for years on a diet of junk food and millions do, but that does not mean that is a good diet. We can survive on a vegetarian or even vegan diet, and Certainly with the former even thrive also, but to me the very best diet for our species is an omnivorous diet simply because our dentistry shows that to be so.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Our teeth are still evolving.Our jaws are smaller than those of our ancestors.They tore meat from bone with their teeth,we use a knife and fork to do that.Over a third of the population today don't have wisdom teeth.Some research suggests in the future,wisdom teeth will disappear altogether,because are jaws are smaller we have no room for them.Our food today is softer and easier to chew,our teeth are evolving accordingly
Am paraphrasing from an interesting article I read called "5 signs humans are still evolving".
I think meat is not necessarily the necessity it once was,given the array of food available to us.I could be knocking off 10 years of my life by not eating it or succumb to a disease related to nutrient deficiency because of lack of.Who knows? but what we chose to put in our mouth is entirely up to ourselves.i choose not,but would never force my opinions on anyone who enjoys a nice steak or pot roast Different strokes for different folks...Bon appetit!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »