Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2020, 07:18 AM

Daily thread, Saturday, 8th August. 2020

Good morning everyone, trust you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, keep cool and stay safe and well. God bless.

I am not going chasing banks and companies that want my money they will have to wait like me, so I shall take it slowly today and not get het up. Take care all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2020, 07:55 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Dont know why they stopped your card for paying early Morya I always pay ours off in full well before the due date and never had a problem

Another scorcher forecast for today it is already hot. Waled Teazle and met a load of others doing to same before it gets hot most of which I have never seen before

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-08-2020, 08:11 AM
'morning Moyra & Sue & those following

Yes it's going to be another hot day here, Bruno has already plonked himself down in front of the big fan to keep cool

Moyra - Local paper had no house lettings this week but lots of commercial properties, have to see what next week brings.

Sue - We are like you, our c/card gets paid off on the first working day of the month, seems to work OK but having said that I'm not really happy with our bank or any bank, they are so different to how they used to operate 20 or more years ago when I was on first name terms with my bank manager even 'tho I had a big overdraft on the company account

Enjoy your day everyone see you soon
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2020, 10:10 AM
Good morning all.

Sunny, but with a lovely cooling breeze here so Rosie enjoyed her walk. The amount of cars queuing to get into town at 9 am shows that it's going to be standing room only in Skeg by lunchtime

Roll on September when all the kids go to school. Mind you, with the way things are going, we will probably be back in lockdown by then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2020, 10:38 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, Harvey, Chris and all to follow.
Warm but a lot lot cooler than yesterday. A lovely cooling wind today much needed after yesterday.
Waiting for an Iceland delivery making meringues today to take to Mark and Lauren's tomorrow. We were going on a picnic but couldn't find anywhere halfway between us so Lauren suggested going over for a bbq. Joel and Tia will be there.
Mark will appreciate not having to do any additional driving as he will be picking up and dropping off back to Essex I expect.
No idea how the two of them worked in it yesterday.

brenda how did the viewongs go any feedback ?
Moyra never had our crds stopped for paying balance in full if anything pestering us to keep using them.

Stay cool and safe everyone and hope all are well including four legged friends to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2020, 11:12 AM
It was my fault I paid out a large amount on the card and then regretted not having paid it direct from my bank account. So transferred the amount immediately from my bank account before they had debited from the card account. Apparently they don't like that and queried whether it was fraud. Anyway the money is back in my bank account now and so I shall have to pay it again nearer the time it is due. But I always pay my card early still never mind Its all sorted now just that they took their time about it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Afternoon all

Back in safely from work and boy what it close/warm this morning. Off out with Gert again later this evening maybe later still.

Moyra, that's odd I pay anything on my card off in full before the balance due and never had my card stopped because of it I would check why they did. I had mine stopped once when I made a purchase that was out of the "normal run of things" which I found quite reassuring actually. But good morning to you.

Lynn BBQ sounds lovey and as you say cuts down on their driving.

Brenda My answer on the postcard would be "NO"

Sue Yes on the scorcher front here already building up but a fair bit of cloud so have a great day.

Losos Bruno has the right idea I think.

Chris Glad you have had a nice walk still using the stroller?

Well fence painting on the agenda again today so off I go.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2020, 11:43 AM
Woe it is to darned hot. Lynn viewers are trying their luck. Some are just wasting their time by being nosey others are wasting my time by the stupid offers. We have another viewer next Tuesday. My Tesco order has just come with a yogurt of a use by date of before 8th which is today. Will it be ok to eat? Too late have tried it and seems fine. But Tesco has refunded. Noticed a few things were short dated.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2020, 12:13 PM
Afternoon all
Oooooo, it's lovely! Dads busy in the garden...I was supervising but the dogs got under his feet so I am back in now. Had to pop to town to change a top, price label said 12, collar 12, washing instructions 22!!! That would explain why it was falling off me lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2020, 01:00 PM
I wonder if it was interest Moyra, no excuse to stop the card though. Gorden had this when he paid his off in full one time.
brenda what a nuisance some people are just nosey no help to a seller though. Hope you stay safe with the yoghurt.
Fingers crossed for next week.
Enjoy your walk later Kazz.
griff glad you got your top sorted.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >