Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:45 PM

Most Random Accomplishment?

Well, this probably won't mean much to most people...but this morning Axel ran up the stairs by himself!
For those who don't know, since Friday we've been allowing him to sleep upstairs with us, in a specially made den at the top of the stairs.
He's great at stairs (now, after much practice) outside, such as train stations, etc, but ours are steep without a run up.
After 2 nights of carrying/pushing him up, and 1 night sleeping downstairs because of a pulled muscle caused by this...this morning I was upstairs getting dressed and he was at the bottom. I called him up and he put a foot on the bottom step himself (never done before) and I called him again and he ran up to me!!! I was so excited! It's only his 4th time going up and already he's on the way to mastering it!
Anyone else got any random accomplishments they want to tell everyone...you know, the kind where others wouldn't appreciate it...this is the place
amom23boys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I just got my dog 2 days ago (been dogless for a while) so I dont have any accomplishments as of yet. But thats great that your boy is mastering the stairs!! Yay!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 03:54 PM
I hink Flints biggest accomplishment, although probably nothing for most people, is walking past other dogs and not reacting, im very proud of him when he doesnt react

ETA, Oh and Simba mastering the 'leave it' command with FOOD!!! Those who know Simba will appriciate how huge this accomplishment is for him
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 04:29 PM
I was so pleased the other day when Cooper walked to heel (with a hot dog bribe) off lead past a man on a bike and a man jogging in the park
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:49 PM
I've been thinking all day, as there have been many!

For Simon, it would be letting me stroke his head. That was a major shift in our relationship, and in his ability to trust in general.

I was going to say for Jake, when he finally went to sleep at bedtime, rather than running round the bedroom looking for something to play with/kill/fuss him. However, he has surpassed that tonight!

OH was having chips, and having finished, put the plate on the floor for Jake. I was not really paying attention, but I looked, and Jake was acting really odd. Sniffing and backing off... OH claimed he had told Jake he could have it, but obviously had not said the magic "OK"!

This is the dog that would have your dinner off your plate and then come back for pudding!

I have never been so proud in my life! I rescued the chips,and made him do some stuff, but they were his!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:02 PM
PERFECT replies guys! Just what I was looking for So nice because they're all things non-dog owners would think are nothing and weird that you're proud of (perhaps not all) but I think they're fabulous achievements! Some are so 'simple' but so profound in terms of quality of life or time together
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:18 PM
We're completely the opposite! After nearly two years its finally sunk in that hes not allowed upstairs, and we've finally got rid of the stair gate! He hasn't even tried to go up :0)

He also cocked his leg like a real boy the other day!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
We're completely the opposite! After nearly two years its finally sunk in that hes not allowed upstairs, and we've finally got rid of the stair gate! He hasn't even tried to go up :0)

He also cocked his leg like a real boy the other day!
- I had to giggle - the first time Zeff did this, I went 'Yay!!' and clapped my hands - he turned and looked at me with a 'really?' expression!! (I was so proud - he is starting to grow up!!)
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Managed to keep Bailey in a sit while talking to another bloke with a dog today - I was warning him there were some idiots out on their mini motorbikes round the next corner

He did really well just sat quietly with only a path between us Mind you as we moved off he did give a massive deep bark - Typical bloke eh - always has to have the last word
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 10:42 AM
The day that I managed to get Honey and Diesel on a off lead heel past two fisherman coz normally thats a no go, they love meeting new people and a few fishermen have given them bread in the past, which to Honey and Diesel is great!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >