Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amom23boys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by kita View Post
I had only met one Anatolian Karabash until I eventually bought a pup, now I love the breed - but still have not met many!

I would love to meet a Belgian Laekenois (have only seen a couple at a distance at Crufts).

I would really like to meet (and possibly own) a Hungarian Kuvasz, but I believe there are not many at all in the UK.

Sue
I have actually met one! A few years ago and she was a doll!
kita
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
lovely looking...theres two living near me.. the male is a g*t with other dogs though

That is pretty typical for the breed. The male's tend not to get on with other large male's. Mine used to 'come back' at me and bite me when he saw a male that he disliked - mostly because I was holding the lead and preventing him from going over and killing the dog Mind you he was usually correct in his assessment and all the dogs he 'fired' off at were usually trouble, so it was a bit difficult to 'correct' him for the behaviour.

Apart from that he had a wonderful temperament, except he could be very stubborn, independent and was very intelligent!

They are certainly an exceptional breed and still very close to the working dogs in Turkey.

Not a dog to be taken on lightly.

Sue
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 08:51 PM
I would really like to meet (and possibly own) a Hungarian Kuvasz, but I believe there are not many at all in the UK.
If you had visited Spitalfields crafts/antique Sunday market in London about 10 years ago, you'd have got your wish! There was a bric-a-brac/vintage furniture stall there owned by a pair of Kuvasz and their owners. Every Sunday there would be either or both of the dogs on the stall, a dog and a bitch. I gathered from the owners that they showed them and went to Crufts every year, don't know if they ever bred from them though.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:08 PM
That is pretty typical for the breed. The male's tend not to get on with other large male's. Mine used to 'come back' at me and bite me when he saw a male that he disliked - mostly because I was holding the lead and preventing him from going over and killing the dog Mind you he was usually correct in his assessment and all the dogs he 'fired' off at were usually trouble, so it was a bit difficult to 'correct' him for the behaviour.

Apart from that he had a wonderful temperament, except he could be very stubborn, independent and was very intelligent!

They are certainly an exceptional breed and still very close to the working dogs in Turkey.

Not a dog to be taken on lightly.

Sue
lol i know they also say that about my rare breed too

i worked at a kennels that had a litter of AS's born in quarantine.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I have a Catahoula, from what I know there isn't any/many in the UK. I am in Washington state and there isn't many here either, but apparently down in the Southern states there are lots and lots.

Lots of Ridgebacks around here, 3 in my agility class alone!

I would love to meet a Dutch Shepherd!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 01:40 PM
they are quite common in your neck of the woods arent they Daisy? (dutchies I mean)

Im not sure if my girlie is a DS or not, but I would still kill to meet a long haired one!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I met a couple of Tibetan mastiffs but would like to to met some of the Russian mountain dog types..
amom23boys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
they are quite common in your neck of the woods arent they Daisy? (dutchies I mean)

Im not sure if my girlie is a DS or not, but I would still kill to meet a long haired one!
She is She was gotten from her "breeder" as a pup by the people we got her from. They saw her parents as well. She is crossed with Golden Retriever though and not a pure bred DS.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by amom23boys View Post
She is She was gotten from her "breeder" as a pup by the people we got her from. They saw her parents as well. She is crossed with Golden Retriever though and not a pure bred DS.
No I meant my dog...she looks strikingly like a DS...Hold on, I will find a pic
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by amom23boys View Post

this my Kerrie
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >