View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 09:28 AM
I hoping to be here, Dan has asked them to come in the morning but I have work at 11am. I think Zeus is pretty much ours though, as long as the fencing is done!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Hope the second check goes well. Zeus is a stunner (as is Zephyr!) and I really hope that you get him.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you

We are doing the fencing later today, well OH and his Dad are, i'm staying on the sofa in the dry lol! Been reading up on Rottweilers as although I have a general knowledge of them it isn't a breed I have researched thoroughly. Does anyone know of a good Rott forums?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Oh look, snap!

Welcome to the world of not being able to buy light rugs because the Rott's fur will show up, or dark rugs because the GSD's will, having to carefully negotiate out of the house because the same rule applies to outfits, and you'll now also have the joy of trying to spot a black dog on dark nights - flashing collars are a must!

Kiki is only half Rottie but we haven't found her too different from GSDs. A few different quirks, for example a lot less whining She tends to bark more than Casper but doesn't have all the typical GSD vocalism (Casper does that "huff" all over the place). She also has a real stamina to her that Casper lacks, but that's not necessarily a Rottie thing, just a Kiki thing I think. She's got quite a high prey drive, and the other two pure Rotties I've known have too so not sure if that's a breed thing. Oh, and the Rottie lean! But generally the stuff we've dealt with having owned GSDs is pretty much applicable to Kiki too so I'm sure you'll be fine. Both big, intelligent dogs who need firm but kind owners to not let them run riot (but also both big softies!)
Zeus looks a very gorgeous boy, lovely to see he's got a full tail, so fingers crossed he's home with you very soon
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for that Karly And that is such a gorgeous photo! Lol we'll be matching!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Everything crossed xxxx
amom23boys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2011, 06:06 PM
He does have a sweet face! I love the I <3 my GSD leash on the Rottie, lol. Good luck with everything!!
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 02:28 PM
We pick him up tomorrow
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by STGSD View Post
We pick him up tomorrow
woop woop xx