Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2010, 08:44 PM

Bunny Torched In his Hutch...

Lucky to be alive: The bunny torched in his hutch by drunk woman during family argument.

Cowering in the corner of his hutch, his fur and floppy ears scorched and blackened, this is poor Bunny the rabbit just minutes after a callous drunk set him alight.
The pet rabbit was left badly burned and blistered after Katey Barber set his hutch on fire for no apparent reason in September last year.
Magistrates were told that the 22-year-old had downed seven cans of lager when she turned on Bunny after burning clothes belonging to her mother's partner in the garden.

After prodding the terrified animal with a stick, she threw a burning piece of paper into the hutch and shut the door.
The rabbit began squealing and scrabbling around the hutch in pain, but when witnesses tried to intervene, Barber simply swore and locked them inside the house to prevent them going to the animal's aid.

Barber was then seen laughing and said: 'Look, the rabbit's running around on fire,' before eventually pouring water on the poor animal to put out the blaze.
Miraculously, Bunny survived but vets who examined the animal said he could be permanently scarred by the incident.

The rabbit is now terrified of any human contact and still may need to have part of one ear amputated, they said. Bunny is now back at home.
Stockport Magistrates heard that the attack happened in September last year while Barber was staying at her mother's home in Cheadle Heath, Stockport, Manchester.

Her mother and her boyfriend were away on holiday with Barber's sister, Rachel, who was the rabbit's owner.
Dominic Geelan, prosecuting, said two children were asleep upstairs in the property when the attack began.
'The defendant, for an unaccountable reason, decided to burn her mother's partner's clothes and began placing items of his clothing in a round drum, pouring turps on them and setting them alight,' he said.

Barber then set the hutch on fire and when witnesses tried to stop her they were 'met with expletives,' Mr Geelan added.
'The defendant said she didn't care,' Mr Geelan said.
'The rabbit by this point could be heard squealing in pain. The defendant started laughing and said, "Look, the rabbit's running around on fire".'

Barber, formerly of Stockport and now of Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal when she appeared in court on Friday.

She could be jailed for up to six months, or face up to a £20,000 fine, when she is sentenced later this month.

David Harley, reviewing lawyer for the Crown Prosecution Service, said: 'This defendant caused an unnecessary amount of suffering to this animal and it is difficult to comprehend the motive behind such a senseless attack.'

**DO NOT CLICK ON LINK IF EASILY UPSET**
Pictures CLICKY HERE

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 10:29 PM
thats awful I know what I would do to her.......
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Poor creature. I was so angry reading this. I know what I'd like to do to that ugly, evil cow.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2010, 11:21 PM
The evil b*****d deserves jail ... and a damn sight longer than a mere 6 months

infact , sod that , lets stick her in a room with flammable stuff on the floor and set her alight , then stand there laughing when she's screaming for help ... seems more than fair to me
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 07:51 AM
What a evil woman, hope they throw the book at her
MXG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2010, 08:48 AM
being drunk is no excuse! this is sick behaviour. 6 months is not enough! I'm so angry!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2010, 08:54 AM
That picture tells it all, how frightened and unhappy that rabbit feels.

It sickens me and saddens me.

I believe she should be made to feel the same.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Sick b***h! I hope she get what she deserves...although what she deserves is unfortunately against the law
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2010, 05:26 AM
poor bunny i WISH i could talk to that B***H sorry but thats just horrible im a rabbit lover myself and thats just wrong if i truely said what i want to about that skum bag id get kickedoff this site and cant do that cuz i love dogsey! she should get jailed for more than 6months
New2Dogz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2010, 01:42 PM
It never ceases to amaze me what some evil people are capable of and our criminal justice system in the UK is pathetically weak and ineffectual at dealing with them. That poor little rabbit!