Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Stray cat

Ive posted this on Catsey too.
Ive seen this cat at a place i regularly walk my dogs often over the past year. Its always elusive. Seems to be living rough. When it got very cold this year it started to look bad and wasnt so keen to run off. ive never owned a cat but thought perhaps leaving it some food where id seen it would be kind. so thats what i did about a month ago and have driven there every night since. So this weekend he comes right up to me and places his head in my hand and has everytime i see him. Hes so sweet not wild at all hes black and long haired needs a home. We cant have him i have three dogs and a cat hating OH. Any help out there?
Its between Leeds and Harrogate.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Give the cats protection a ring...I'll find you the number for your local group.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 05:10 PM
This is the number for Harrogate 01423 889598...they should be able to guide you.
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Cats Protection as advised. I have a little feral boy who was fed by a neighbour, neighbour used to be away for fortnights at a time and I used to feel awful listening to him calling for food, out in freezing temps with little icicles hanging off his coat. So I used to nip over with cat food. Then neighbour moved out and left him behind, his excuse was that the cat was used to living out (Okay so that's an excuse to leave him without food!) I phoned CP while I continued to feed the cat, they came out, picked him up and took him away for neutering, asked me if I would keep him and although I have a dog who does not agree with cats, I have taught her to leave, four years on we still have him and although my cat was originally timid, fearful and would not come inside, we now have a confident, affectionate cat. He doesn't want to go out mostly he loves his home comforts so help find this little cat a new home, they adjust amazingly and soon begin to trust.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 12:41 AM
cats protection, they will send paper collars which have to be put on the cats for 2 weeks, this is to ensure the cat is not owned, this came in as there was a cse of someone reported a stray cat, cp came out rehomed it etc and hit was owned. They should also come and scan it. Maybe put up some posters around just to see if he does have a home. My cat was picked up as a stray and actually had a collar on from her new owners (less that half a mile away) they believed she was a stray and renamed her and everything lol.
ATD x
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh thanks for the advice i am abit at a loss when it comes to our feline friends, so wish to take him home. perhaps OH can live outside instead. I have a scanner i may just scan him myself. (see never even thought of that)