Female 

21-06-2021, 11:01 AM
https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/new...-clusters-map/
Don't know if that's right or wrong Lynn. It says st Ives, Falmouth and Newquay
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2021, 11:11 AM
Thanks griff, not sure where they have been. Left a voicemail for Joel and urgent contact nan on text and whatsapp but he is hopeless replying so I contacted Tia via FB.
She said she has tests at home but if we drive over it's a 3 hour round trip for us well one of us, and one is positive it means they will all have to isolate at Tia's. Gorden has school visits this week and I am meeting my friend in Essex so if possible we would prefer negative or not come into contact.
Plus with Mark being so unwell and Lauren pregnant it would be no good for them either, so Tia has said they will test before arriving home and message the result.
Tia's mum is meant to be taking her mum for a hospital appointment not sure whether it's this evening or tomorrow but of she or Joel or Tia are positive that will not be able to happen.
Gorden said he didn't mind waiting till they got home and go over later but they have chosen to go away so the least they can do.
Any other time we would not have Gorden with work commitments and Joel could have stayed here.
It will probably be alright but we need to make sure.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2021, 11:43 AM
Phew Joel, Tia and her mum all negative.
What a nightmare trying to keep the worry away from a very poorly son and a very pregnant worrying mum to be, plus worrying about them all worrying.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2021, 12:21 PM
Good afternoon all.

Dry, overcast and reasonably warm this morning. Just the weather I enjoy.

I wonder if the outbreak in Cornwall is connected to the recent G7 conference. I believe a number of the security people tested positive and it doesn't take much for this virus to swamp an area
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2021, 12:38 PM
Same thoughts here Chris they are of course saying it has nothing to do with the outbreak.
We shall see spikes in a lot of places, football, half term people going mad and visiting places they really shouldn't at the moment.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2021, 12:38 PM
Chris, apparently they are saying no...it wasn't the g7 but it's a bit of a coincidence isn't it?
Pleased everyone was negative Lynn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2021, 12:40 PM
Thanks griff we are somewhat relieved to.
Apparently the locals rightly so were not pleased with G7.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2021, 01:26 PM
I can understand them being angry, I would have thought that they should have done some form of quarantine when they all arrived or better still, all stay home and do it by zoom lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2021, 02:06 PM
The town is teaming with kids this morning.

All those parents complaining because their kids weren't being educated and now it seems it doesn't matter if it's so they can go on holiday.

Mmm, let me think. Cornwall, lowest rates in England. G7 and now there's a massive spike. Nope, no connection there then
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2021, 03:29 PM
Pleased they all tested negative Lynn. but unfortunately this does not mean they won't get it. Paul, eldest went to a test centre this morning but it was closed - due to staff shortage - so has to go again tomorrow but still has to complete the 10 day self isolation. He never gave it a thought about the G7 but it is too much of a coincidence and I think some of the security staff were reported as testing positive.

Holidays and kids missing school is not the same as being told to stay away and be taught on line
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >