Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 05:56 PM

medicines online

Has anyone used their prescription from the vets and got medicins online at these places that sell direct to the public and if so does your insurance company pay out getting the meds this way, reason for asking my dog has been on AB's and my vet is charging £1,90 per tab for them, I checked through our works suppliers these tablets are sold to the vets for £0.80p each so there is 100% markup, if I thought my insurance would honour my claim I would go direct so anyone with information, I know I could ask my insurance but thought I would ask on here as different insurance companies do different things.

Mo
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I have got tobs meds from boots before, if the vet has given you a perscription for drugs, providing you keep the reciept it can be claimed the normal way.
So it is the same as getting them from the vets to the insurance company.
I did this because the vets couldn't supply the drugs, but boots could, i didn't have any problems with it.
It might be worth giving boots a ring, some drugs are the same for dogs and human(tobs was) and providing you have a vet perscription for them, they will supply.
I am with pet plan, i just handed it in to the vets to be attached.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 08:46 PM
The problem is that I would be going to the online suppliers because the vets charge too much, not that they couldnt supply the tabs,

Mo
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah but they can't force you to purchase from them.
If you ask they can't really refuse to provide a perscription for the meds, at the most they might try and charge.