Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2016, 09:15 AM

Excessively panting

Question about ben.hes almost 16 now.hes on tramadol for pain relief. But on quite a few occasions he pants excessively,to the point where its so loud.he stops doing it when I put him on his side??.
He has trouble most days getting up n down now.
He has a vets appointment on the 1st June.i have a feeling he will be going to the rainbow bridge then.
This panting does it mean he's in alot of pain? Id hate to leave him in pain.other days like yesterday he was right perky.got up n down no worries.
Any advice please.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2016, 10:33 AM
I would probably give the vet a call for some advice as his appointment is not until the 1st June
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2016, 11:04 AM
I really wouldn't like to say Cathy as yes it can be a sign of pain but my terrier Frankie was panting heavily at times yesterday and he's as fit as a flea. I'd talk to the vet he might increase the Tramadol on the days he's struggling.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2016, 03:07 PM
He don't do it all the time.when he takes the tramadol it just knocks him for for 6. At the moment he's zonked out in the garden.he has plenty of water around the place.I'm nervous about taking him to the vets.I'm being selfish but I'm not ready yet.and I know that's wrong
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2016, 05:50 PM
Just took Ben for a walk and he met up with a very cute Thailand Ridgeback puppy.my goodness he was very happy,they had a little play where the pup was very respectful towards Ben.they shared some treats which went down rather well. Ben,s now having a snooze. And no panting