Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 09:10 PM

Casserole Dishes

I've been seeing loads of recipes lately that call for a lidded casserole dish that can be used on the hob which I don't have so i'm thinking about buying one.

The obvious choice is Le Creuset but I want to get a large one so that I can use it to cook for more than two when we have guests over and stuff. However I'm struggling with justifying the cost of a Le Creuset.

I also want it to be able to go on the hob or in the oven which Le Creuset do.

What do you guys all use as casserole dishes and can anyone recommend any good quality Le Creuset alternatives??
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Lakeland outperformed Le Creuset in recent tests on performance, price, ease of use, size etc.

Look at their catalogue.

I have stainless steel casserole dishes that can be used on the hob or in the oven, had them for nearly 20 years.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I have had my Le Creuset for 18 years and they still look fab and have no scratches,dents etc...they last forever.However they are expensIVE! Check out you can actually lift one with contents before buying.They are fab though....
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Lakeland outperformed Le Creuset in recent tests on performance, price, ease of use, size etc.

Look at their catalogue.

I have stainless steel casserole dishes that can be used on the hob or in the oven, had them for nearly 20 years.
Interesting - i completely forgot about Lakeland. Will check out their website in a mo!

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I have had my Le Creuset for 18 years and they still look fab and have no scratches,dents etc...they last forever.However they are expensIVE! Check out you can actually lift one with contents before buying.They are fab though....
My mum has one and i used it quite a lot when I lived with them. I know what you mean about them being heavy though!!

I suppose if you consider the value for money if they last as long as that then the cost is a little more justifiable!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I love my Le Creuset, I know they're expensive but don't forget they come with a lifetime warranty.

There are cheaper models (with less warranty) I bought this one for my parents for Christmas (before they dropped the price!) http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~150400...h-Large-6.5ltr and it's very good from what I've seen it's also HUGE!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I've got the stainless steel Lakeland ones and agree that they are fab. Ours are about 5yrs old and still look and perform fab!