View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 10:08 AM
There is a website that will tell you about your own MP`s expenses, record etc. It`s fascinating!
try it-
www.theyworkforyou.com
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 10:13 AM
That makes interesting reading!
Becky
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Completely diabolical, the whole disgusting mess of it. I agree with Pat, put the money into public transport instead, that's what the rest of us have to use. They're thieves the lot of them and should be treated as such!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Well on Have I Got News For You last night they suggested that the expenses should go before a panel of people and someone said yes The Fraud Squad!
Becky
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Petition for full public enquiry
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/MP-expense-fraud/
Becky
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I think it's disgusting what they've been up to! I think some of them should be put up for fraud investigation's. I cant believe they want us to have faith in them, the country is a mess as it is! We're in the middle of a recession with over 2 million unemployed and they're get their hedges trimmed, pool's cleaned, having moats cleaned and claiming for second homes when people are losing their one and only home!!!! And shifting the blame all on the speaker (fair enough he has alot to do with it) but they are using him as a scapegoat and shifting the focus from their wrong doings!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-05-2009, 04:17 PM
What I can't understand is how someone could not know they had paid off a mortgage
When a mortgage is paid of there is usually quite a lot of paper work and deeds of your house are returned, very important documents which need to be placed in safe keeping . How could you not notice that .

Most people pay the mortgage by direct debit, if one continued to pay once it was paid off wouldn't the mortgage company query this. It just doesn't add up to me.

I think there are far too many MPs and Lords, we could function just as well with fewer of them.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5