View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lunakitty321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2009, 05:39 AM

APDT in the UK? (rally obedience as a sport)

I learned today that there are APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers) members in the UK. I don't think you have Rally-Obedience as a sport there yet, so I was wondering what APDT does provide for you. Has anyone heard of this or done anything with APDT?

Here we were this weekend. We got 4 qualifying scores in APDT Rally Obedience with 3 first place ribbons and 1 second place ribbon. Lupa's now 8 months old, so I'm really proud of her. We need 6 more qualifying scores to get her puppy championship title

This was our last run...it was the lowest score because she made some bigger goofs than usual, but I think she did better than the previous day (she and I were both REALLY tired) and our best run with the best score was, of course, the run that the camera's memory card ran out of space. It always seems to happen that way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEIoaQCYXXU

I really like Rally and I think it would be neat to see more countries doing it. Its a great bonding experience for pet owners and their dogs...not as competitive as regular obedience, but enough to encourage pet owners to continue working with their dogs.
Lunakitty321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2009, 06:43 AM
So how does that saying go? "Seek and you shall find"?

http://www.apdt.co.uk/ukrally.asp

Looks like you guys are getting a Rally! Oh I would love to see if anyone here is going to give it a go.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Some west country APDT members ran a rally day last w/e. So it is beginning to happen.

rune
Simira
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm from Norway and there rally is coming forward quite fast now. I was delighted to find a APDT-member training not far from us here in Oxford, and we now train rally every Tuesday.
Lunakitty321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2009, 01:58 PM
I was just going over the rules and they don't have a puppy class or a veteran class I was told that the puppy class is something new here so maybe it will come in time. Other than that, all the rules and signs look the same.
kirstyS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I will have a go as soon as i find a competition near me (kent).
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Rally O is thin on the ground in the UK at the moment.

i looked for clubs recently, there werent many
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2009, 06:07 PM
I am keen to get involved as soon as there is something within reasonable distance!
Springador
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2009, 11:26 PM
We started Rally O classes back in the summer at our club, its great fun, hoping we will get a team together once more clubs start doing it.
Border1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Just found this thread , am training my young lad up to do rally and he coming on well
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >