Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 04:19 PM

Olympia Christmas Horse Show

For those with Sky or cable The Olympia Christmas Horse Show is on at 6.30 pm tonight and sat sun and Mon too. I watched it last night it was great, hoping tonights is as good.

It is on Eurosprt 2 which is 411 on Sky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks Benzmum. We used to go to this every Christmas, but quite honestly, the way Sky televise it now as opposed to the BBC of years ago, there's really no point pushing your way through all the crowd and being there, it's just as good on the telly! I love it, especially the Puissance (sp!???) I just knew I wasn't going to be able to spell that one!!! I mean the night when they jump that great big wall which now goes well over 7ft!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Saw "the big wall" at Horse of Year in October first time I'd ever seen it live BRILLIANT.

Watched the Olympia one last night and you are right 4 hours of coverage it was great, got to see the inbetween acts aswell The Flying Frenchman, and the Household cavalry plus the agility dogs aswell and they had 2 staffys doing the agility which were fast as h*ll but a wee bit clumsy but well worth a watch. Think the big wall is usually on the Saturday???

PS Puissance is right I think!!
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for posting that. Its part of Christmas. One of these years I'll get there but for now I'll stay glued to the telly
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Ohh thanks for that Benzmum - I adore watching that and always have done since I was a little girl

That bit at the end where they pay tribute to the horse gets me teary every time!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh me too AM, and it's not a good look when you've got to get a train home with mascara smeared all down your face! I remember it well, whereas on the telly, you can switch it off for the ending. I just love that so much. I think we ought to find it and post a copy up in here don't you?! It's soooooo moving!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Ode to the Horse - Ronald Duncan

Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy or beauty without vanity? Here, where grace is laced with muscle, and strength by gentleness confined.

He serves without servility; he has fought without enmity. There is nothing so powerful, nothing less violent, there is nothing so quick, nothing more patient.

England’s past has been borne on his back. All our history is his industry; we are his heirs, he our inheritance.

The Horse!

Is that the one?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Yes, that's it Lynne! Well done!!! It's the WAY that they say it though, they kind of stretch it out don't they, which in turn, makes it much more moving. Maybe I read it too quick there coz I'm not crying!!!!
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh, to have animal-people parents.. or sky multiroom they insist that theyd rather scroll through the channels, moan that there is nothing on then watch a repeat of something they've seen 895609236532 times or a mediocre film that theyll turn off half way through than watch a nice horsey programme!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 08:07 PM
What about on the puter? Can you watch it on that??? Maybe slip something in their cocoa and they might drop off to sleep and you can grab the remote!!!????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >