Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:04 PM

Does your dog get the post for you?

kai does it only took her 10 mins to learn the command no ripping or anything she also gets my shoes kai will do anything for abit of cheese and it came to the point when the post will come and without a word she will bolt for the door grab the post and sit pleased with herself waiting quite the thing for a cube of cheese clever madame does any of your dogs get the post or anything else for that matter ?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:08 PM
I'd be impressed if mine did considering it's in a locked post box mounted by the front gate
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Our post lady decided we don't exist, although we know we have post (no mail for 8 days) so no!
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Our post lady decided we don't exist, although we know we have post (no mail for 8 days) so no!
have you phoned the post office? do any of your neighbours have the same problem?
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Yep, well Griffin will, Chester doesn't see the point unless the front door is actually going to be opened . Griffin has been loving his retrieves though so he'll now pretty much bring me anything I ask for so long as he knows the name, it's proving to be very useful actually!!
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I'd be impressed if mine did considering it's in a locked post box mounted by the front gate
i just had an vision of a dog opening the little box and collecting it
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:17 PM
I do not allow my dogs to collect the post, there are often dangerous things in it like samples of washing powder, pens etc etc.
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do not allow my dogs to collect the post, there are often dangerous things in it like samples of washing powder, pens etc etc.
her teeth do not rip the paper she knows the command gentle hold that wont even rip paper so she would not be hurt by any objects just like holding mail yourself realy
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I have an outside postbox now since my little JRT ripped up a sample of weed killer that come through my door while I was out.
Luckily I was only out about 30-40mins so rushed him straight to the vets and they treated him promptly.

But if post did come through the door my greyhounds wouldn't bother using energy to get off the sofa to look at it let alone fetch it. They won't even get up if a person comes to the door
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by gsd lover View Post
have you phoned the post office? do any of your neighbours have the same problem?
Yes we have complained, and yes my neighbour has had no mail also. We are quite isolated, my neighbour is a Guardian ad Litum and my husband runs his business from home, we have all been waiting for post that was urgent but hadn't arrived. Mt friend posted a parcel on a Wednesday first class, I got it the following Wednesday! A total rip off.

This has happened before and it is almost impossible to complain but I think our post lady has finally got the message!

Our local paper has taken up the story!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >