View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 12:58 PM
My recommendation is to visit the local paper immediately after your visit to the police today.

B*stard........

Hugs hon xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Do be careful telling people about this outside of the police though. You would have an impact on this man's livelihood (quite rightly too IMO) but if he decided to take action against you for libel and/or slander then it would be up to you to prove your claims true, not him to prove them false. With no video evidence or neutral witnesses you may find yourself in a sticky situation trying to prove that he did what you're claiming.

There is nothing to stop anyone saying anything they like about someone apart from the risk of a civil suit.

Civil suits cost a LOT of money, there is no legal aid for a civil suit usually, so I would not bother.

This is one reason why Mr A gets into papers re his extra curricular activities and Mr B does not.

In a civil suit all you have to do is prove "on the balance of probabilities" so as she Tupacs has made an official complaint etc, I think the boot is on the other foot (if you will pardon the pun)!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:20 PM
... we called the police moments after it happened and they came to the park,that is how i got an incident number.
it is now an official complaint
police havnt been in contact as such but 'victim support' has

he was at the park yesterday with 9 dogs this time! eight offlead!

a few things that crossed our minds is, a,he doesnt even carry leads and,b, never seen him with a poo bag either! bit strange with 7-9 dogs.

well,my friend(who i was with) finally got in touch with dog warden and its up to a £1000 fine for non poop picking and more than 4 dogs offlead.

eta.... Tupac was muzzled (flippin grubmonster!)when he was kicked! big brave man eh?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
... we called the police moments after it happened and they came to the park,that is how i got an incident number.

a few things that crossed our minds is, a,he doesnt even carry leads and,b, never seen him with a poo bag either! bit strange with 7-9 dogs.

well,my friend(who i was with) finally got in touch with dog warden and its up to a £1000 fine for non poop picking and more than 4 dogs offlead.
You just cannot believe some people and their total disregard for other people and the dogs safety as well. If I employed a dog walker who did this when walking my dog I would be so very very annoyed and be sacking him immediately and making sure others knew what he was up too.

I really hope he gets the book thrown at him. He won't act so big and tuff then.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Jeez! What happened on that walk? I hope he gets what he deserves!

Hope you and all the woofs are OK though (hugs) and louie sends slobbery kisses! x x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 07:58 PM

eta.... Tupac was muzzled (flippin grubmonster!)when he was kicked! big brave man eh?
Does he advertise? Does he say he belongs to a professional body such as NARP? Have you contacted the Trading Standards Officer.............
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:03 PM
You have to ask yourself how he treats them poor dogs when there is no one else about don't you??

If he can kick other peoples dogs and the owners who can complain?? I just hope the dogs owners hear about this soon, and sack him as he deserves!!

My dogs are my babies, (my son said he feels redundant now ) but I ask my dog walker every week who he has walked Summer with and how she was, he is starting to walk Keira as well next week but I'm going with him the first 2 weeks to make sure I'm happy with how he's handling her

Hope your bruise has gone down, I'm absolutley disgusted that the police did not take that further! x
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Does he advertise? Does he say he belongs to a professional body such as NARP? Have you contacted the Trading Standards Officer.............
you dont have to be a member of something like NARP to be a dog walker

if he is advertising as a dog walker and he is dog walking, trading standards wouldnt come into it.

its sounds like a police matter to me...not to mention of interest to his clients.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
you dont have to be a member of something like NARP to be a dog walker

if he is advertising as a dog walker and he is dog walking, trading standards wouldnt come into it.

its sounds like a police matter to me...not to mention of interest to his clients.
Yes I know that you do not HAVE to be a member of a professional organisation to be a dog walker, nor do you have to have any training, nor do you have to have any insurance.

My point was that IF he was a member of a trade organisation he would need to adhere to their codes of conduct. Thus, researching if this person advertises themselves as a member of such an organisation would mean that there is another potential line of attack (so to speak) for those materially affected by their actions or omissions.

IF he was insured he would have to meet the criteria laid down in his policy. Failure to meet the criteria laid down would invalidate his insurance; Insurance companies are always thrilled to discover information about their clients which may materially affect any future claims they may choose to make.

Trading Standards are interested in any person who offers a service and does not meet relevant standards.

Contacting Trading Standards can provide a potential end user with information on any previous complaints etc.

IME it is always wise to collate as much information as possible about an individual such as this in order to be armed with the necessary data to pursue them, should of course the police route prove unsatisfactory!

And, as you say, using this information could be potentially useful for his clients!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:13 PM

What a SHAME that he was muzzled ... otherwise you might not have had to feed him that night

What a brave man indeed
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6