View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Go for the throat!This is outrageous!If you can find out who this dog walker is I would make his actions as public as possible - it should cost him his 'career'.If he is in the habit of kicking dogs he doubtless kicks the dogs he is walking for trusting owners too!
One of those disgusting tabloids that loves to do 'undercover exposes' might be interested in this...
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 08:21 AM
That is disgusting! How can the police not be interested when he attacked you? Have any other dog walkers had any problems with him being agressive?

After the weekend, and seeing so many ignorant/rude/stupid people, it really doesn't surprise me though :-s

Helen

ps, hope you are all ok.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Please go back to the police. This is assault (make sure you quote s47 assault. If you allow them to tell you it's a s39 assault they won't arrest him or investigate).

Insist that you are physically hurt, that you are now afraid to walk your dogs as you would do normally (even with a friend), that you are afraid for your safety, that of your dogs and anyone you may be with and that it's not just you who has been physically assaulted but so have your dogs (which amounts to criminal damage as dogs are seen as personal property in English law).

You must put a great emphasis on you being afraid to go out on your own or to walk your dogs where you'd normally walk them. You need to make them beleive and use the words that you "fear for your safety". After all, what happens if this guy gets really mad about something? Will there be weapons used? Or just his feet or fists? Clearly he feels big and important by beating on women. No doubt he does this to his partner (if he has one).

You are entitled to feel safe when out and about and someone who assaults someone has broken the law. The POlice here in Birmingham are generally useless with things like this unless they are pushed. It would seem where you are, they are the same. So please give them that shove they obviously so desperately need to do their jobs.

Also, you have the right to instigate a civil lawsuit against him (and also against the police if they don't deal with it). But why should you run to that expense?!

Good luck and please keep us posted.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I would go back to the police - take a friend with you for support. It is much easier not to get fobbed off if you are acting for someone else. This is assault and needs to be dealt with properly.
Make sure you and your friend write down exactly what happened before the details blur.
I hope you are feeling better now.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Wow, I am sorry to hear this. What a vile, petty, individual for hitting women.

Go back to the police...this bast*rd deserves what is coming to him.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I agree with the others, go back and insist on them doing something. Doesn't matter that it's "just a bruise", you've still been assaulted and even if they won't do anything about the dogs they should do something about that.

Hope you and the dogs are okay and you get something done about this idiot.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 12:58 PM
That sucks. On all counts. Make a nuisance of yourself.

"This bloke assaulted me"
"Walk somewhere else."

Great.

Will say I've been really impressed with Thames Valley police since moving out of London.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 03:08 PM
As everyone has said, surely this is assault!!! Go back to the police and make an official complaint, bet the policeman you saw didn't want to do the paperwork!!!
You were attacked and hurt, your dogs were attacked and hurt. Dont let the ba$$atd get away with it!!! One thing to hurt you (sorry) but another to hurt your dogs!!! I have always said "do what you like to me... but start on my dogs...... and I wont be responsible for my actions!!!!"

If all else fails a load of us will come and help get him!!!!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Poor you *Hugs*

Don't let this idiot get away with it, he needs to be punished........

Hope the police deal with this idiot xx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 03:15 PM
So sorry to read about this

I wonder if, on your first visit to the police station, you put too much emphasis on the dog kicking etc?

Only they won't bother too much about that, but they SHOULD bother about what is an assault

So I agree with previous posts - do insist on fair treatment.

Wys
x
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >