View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Well, I just finished taping up my foot, as a certain little Dachshund tripped me, in the dark (It was dark as the same little Dachshund is extremely light sensitive and if I suddenly turn on a light, she's blind for 5-10 minutes), and I stepped on an electrical plug... now I have an inch long tear in the ball of my foot, bleeding nicely, with a nice flap of skin... I'm not sure how comfortable a 12 hour shift is going to be tonight in steel toes. And I really hope it doesn't get infected... that'll be a nightmare if it does!

but, other than that, the worst injury I've had from a dog, is a 40lb st. poodle that ran into the knee that 4 months before I'd had surgery on to correct a torn ACL... I nearly didn't make it back to my truck!

wanna know what happens when a 60 lb Pit Bull runs full tilt into your leg? a cantalope sized bruise, with a lump the size of a softball, that turns wonderful shades of colour
kirstyS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I dislocated my arm when I fell after slipping in a sneaky wee in the kitchen .....

I'm not laughing - honest!
kirstyS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Broken ankle and damaged tendons (same accident) through tripping over my boy who was asleep.

Caused much hilarity at the hospital when they asked my occupation which was then a dog trainer/behaviourist.
I think I'd have lied!
kirstyS
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I was black and blue from head to foot when I got pulled down a flight of concrete steps by a Toy Poodle!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Erm, Ellie (RC x GSD) Turned and tripped me up on her lead, broke my wrist.

Sadie - lays behind you when your taking things out of the oven - several burns.

Kiera - possessive - several bites.

Louie - a few jumps into me and thousands of scratches.

Benjie - a few mild bites.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh dear, I did giggle at some of these. And made that Tsssss noise you make when it sounds really nasty and painful.

Dougal thankfully has only ever bruised me, he did catch me just after I'd pulled a tendon in my leg a couple of years ago, was running full tilt behind me and knocked into the back of my knee...thankfully all that happened was that disconcerting drop when your knee gives out.

My mum had a nasty bad break when her untrained greyhound Sophie pulled her off her feet, she landed onto the concrete drive in their old house, she broke her knee and got a crack in her thigh bone going up the way. She was in a cast for ages. Funnily enough Dad then trained Sophie to stop pulling...
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I've had tons of scratches and puppy teeth marks from Kiba and still sometimes have red welts scoring a lovely pattern down my are when he gets over-excited! Also get paw-mashed in the face quite often in the mornings and have had a black eye from being paw-mashed!

When I worked in the kennels I always came home covered in bruises from being bounced on by various dogs. One EBT we had in was totally untrained and nipped anyone who went in her kennel, not because she was a mean dog but because she had never been trained bite inhibition or anything else and didn't understand that she wasn't allowed to bite when she wanted to play. the owner's wife was so terrified of this dog she wouldn't go downstairs in the morning to get a cup of tea because she was scared the dog would bite her Luckily the owners knuckled down into getting her trained properly rather than trying to rehome her. The kennels didn't have the best set up ever, when you were going in to a kennel you had to bend over so you didn't hit your head...often wondered what the dogs thought when someone was bending down coming towards them in a strange environment...

The worst injury was to my mum from our English Setter Cally. Me, my brother and the dog were walking to my grandad's house and our parents were meeting us halfway. I had Cally on the lead and we were plodding happily along...spotted my parents and they were shouting something...I thought they shouted, "Let her off!" so I unclipped Cally's lead and she ran FULL PELT at my parents, setters are scatty at the best of times but Cally was something else when she was younger and had absolutely no concept of brakes whatsoever. Cue my mum being hit by zooming excited dog and flying through the air to land on her back! fortunately she didn't hit her head, however she did have a lovely gash in a V shape on her elbow which led to a trip to A&E, a 4 hour wait to have it looked at and 6 stitches! Oooops...
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 04:21 PM
The most Molly has ever done for me is given me a bruised **** when she pulled me over going down a muddy hill! Other than that it is mostly just cuts and scrapes from her using me as a launching pad and jumping up excitedly!

She did draw blood from an ex boyfriend's foot once. I felt incredibly guilty (But secretly quite glad when he later broke up with me for my best friend
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
The most Molly has ever done for me is given me a bruised **** when she pulled me over going down a muddy hill! Other than that it is mostly just cuts and scrapes from her using me as a launching pad and jumping up excitedly!

She did draw blood from an ex boyfriend's foot once. I felt incredibly guilty (But secretly quite glad when he later broke up with me for my best friend

What a good doggy!!!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by kirstyS View Post
I was black and blue from head to foot when I got pulled down a flight of concrete steps by a Toy Poodle!
OK, just how did a Toy Poodle manage to pull you down stairs???? Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but really!

Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post

Molly obviously knew he was a rotter, next time she bites the man in your life you should take heed!

But just for a moment I want all you big dog owners who always say you'd worry about tripping over a small dog to contemplate this thread...I think it's safe to say that the injuries caused by larger dogs greatly outnumber the little ones! And I promise you I am going to link to this thread every time someone says it!

J.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >