Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
My thoughts exactly. Some of these email problems just send out to everyone in a certain address book. (For the life of me I have never understood what these idiots 'get out of' doing stuff like this).

It is probably not a problem with your email at all Helena.

But it ain't nice getting a shitty email telling you to stop doing summat you AIN'T doing!

You should be able to check into the headers to see where it came from to them. But to be honest Helena I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

I do alert people when I get dodgy spam emails from them (I can tell they don't know it happened) just telling them to check their security.

Forget it girl. Won't cheer you up any to dwell on this little glitch. So someone got an email they didn't want. BIG DEAL. No one died. If that's their biggest problem in life LORDY AIN'T THEY LUCKY!

If you reply to them at all just say sorry I've no idea why you received this email, I certainly did not send it directly to you. It goes out to a specific group of addresses which I have checked and yours is not on it. Obviously I cannot divulge the addresses to you but I assure you I have checked. I'm sorry you've been troubled by this but really don't see what I can do about it.

Yours ever so 'umbly blah blah blah
You crack me up missus, but I get the gist, and the gist is what I will do, so thanks for that

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Tang, yes that happened to me about two years ago, I was less knowledgible then and I opened the e-mail and immediately thought 'This doesn't sound like X' so e-mailed her and it wasn't

Strange thing is that 'X' was Helena

So now as soon as I go into my e-mail account I click on the SPAM folder and immediately delete everything regardless of who it says it is from. I do that now religiously, so Helena if you ever do send me an e-mail (Not very likely as we have the excellant Dogsey PM system) and it goes in my SPAM folder then I'm sorry to say you will not get a reply
Oh I lurk everywhere Harvey, trash, spam, junk everywhere, but considering these spam e-mails are usually one liners telling you to click on a link, that'll be the biggest give away that it's NOT me won't it They obviously don't know me these hackers, otherwise they'd send loooooooong ones

Thanks all, I think I'll just mail all the people in my group list asking them if they know of this person and whether any of their mail gets forwarded on to them and hopefully, it'll be sorted.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2013, 05:44 PM
She lurks everywhere! LOL!

The truth is out there ..... and so is Helena. You just have to look hard enough .... gaze unto the skies, check your spam folder, look in the dustbin lol

Cue the Twilight Zone music.....
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3