Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 08:51 PM

An e-mail dilema

Can't work this one out so wondering if somebody can throw some light on it please. I have a group list of people from which I send out a blind copy weekly newsletter for our neighbourhood watch.

Last week, I get an e-mail from somebody I've never heard of, who tells me to stop sending them these e-mails because they are at the other end of the country from me and have no interest in what goes on in this area.

However, their e-mail address is NOT on my group list of people that receive these e-mails, and it is NOT in my entire address book, so nowhere on my system at all. I printed off the e-mail they sent me which underneath of course, had the one I had sent them. I checked ALL of the names on the BCC list and it's NOT there

What is happening here, anyone got any ideas please? I THINK it must be somebody who is on my list has some sort of thing going on whereby every e-mail they receive might go to this particular person, so I'm aiming at asking everyone on my group list whether they know of this person's e-mail address, otherwise, I don't have a clue what's happening here.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Think maybe one of them didn't have an e-mail address and give you a friends or relatives
My bro does that I get his car insurance quotes and everything
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 09:00 PM
On second thoughts no,that couldn't be right.you don't have this e-mail on your list....I'm a knob
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks Eileen, but it can't be, because this rogue e-mail person doesn't appear at all, not anywhere, on my system, nor on the list of e-mail recipients for the BCC, just nowhere

If that was the case, then I would SEE it wouldn't I, where it gives me all the people listed I'm sending the mail to, but it doesn't appear at all

I'm just wondering whether ONE of my recipients has some kind of facility that all THEIR mail goes on to this person, so the only way to find that out is to ask them I s'pose. Too late to sort it out tonight though, my brain's all scrambled trying to work it out lol. thanks though.

LOL, just seen your 2nd post, and no you're not a knob LOL!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 09:05 PM
On second thoughts,that a stupid idea you would have a copy of the e-mail address...I'm a dope
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Could someone have had their email addy hacked and that is causing everything to go to all their contacts ?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Thought I didn't post that Now I'm a dope!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Is there any way to block this particular address from your computer so you can't send an e-mail?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Could someone you have sent the email to forwarded it on to this other person?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Just a thought. Until I resigned and told them to remove my email address from their records, I used to get monthly - I cannot think of the word - reports, news, discussions etc from the ESOA - the English Speakers Of Ashqelon even though I have never known 99% of the members and was never an active member. The ESOA started years before emails and internet and used to be a typed and printed little leaflet which was hand delivered or mailed to those who lived outside of town, and I used to contribute to it by writing articles.

Then the internet and emails changed it so that they sent out monthly reports/notices as blind copies. But even so I started receiving emails from people I had never known, saying that they were a member of ESOA and would like to meet me etc etc etc and why did I not join in any of the activities etc etc etc.

As I say, I resigned and no longer receive the monthly reports, but I still receive the odd email from people I do not know and yet the secretary of the ESOA assured me that my email address would never be given out.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >