View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2013, 07:39 PM
I stuck with win 7, 64bit, it is very stable on my desktop and everything works just as i want it to - with Windows, not bloody tiles !!

Win 8 OS was introduced in a hurry to try to compete with Apple and also provide a Cell Phone touch oriented OS to install on the Nokia Lumina's. What Microsoft seem to have forgotten in all this, is their original customer base of "power desktop windows users".

I am talking about the people who use Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Photoshop, Premier, VMWare, Citrix and bespoke software, etc. That's why the big corporates will not be using or upgrading to Win 8, in fact a lot of them are still on XP !!

In the mean time Microsoft instructed their OEM resellers - (HP, Dell, IBM, Sony), to install and push Win 8 as the standard on their new laptops sold at the big retailers.
Its very telling that the Microsoft exec who promoted and developed this OS is no longer with Microsoft.

Win 8.1 update was intended to correct some of the issues, but seems to have bugs of its own to contend with, BSOD, loss of Mouse control, wi fi connectivity problems etc.

I will be waiting for Windows 9 before i upgrade, in the hope it addresses the problems and the GUI of Win 8.

Incidentally, Microsoft will end mainstream support for Windows 7 in January 2015.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 07:47 PM
And support for XP ends in May next year

I need a new laptop as mine is dying, and I just don't know what to do.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
And support for XP ends in May next year

I need a new laptop as mine is dying, and I just don't know what to do.
Apple MacBook
http://www.johnlewis.com/apple-macbo...-13-3-/p549131
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I stuck with win 7, 64bit, it is very stable on my desktop and everything works just as i want it to - with Windows, not bloody tiles !!

Win 8 OS was introduced in a hurry to try to compete with Apple and also provide a Cell Phone touch oriented OS to install on the Nokia Lumina's. What Microsoft seem to have forgotten in all this, is their original customer base of "power desktop windows users".

I am talking about the people who use Dreamweaver, Wordpress, Photoshop, Premier, VMWare, Citrix and bespoke software, etc. That's why the big corporates will not be using or upgrading to Win 8, in fact a lot of them are still on XP !!

In the mean time Microsoft instructed their OEM resellers - (HP, Dell, IBM, Sony), to install and push Win 8 as the standard on their new laptops sold at the big retailers.
Its very telling that the Microsoft exec who promoted and developed this OS is no longer with Microsoft.

Win 8.1 update was intended to correct some of the issues, but seems to have bugs of its own to contend with, BSOD, loss of Mouse control, wi fi connectivity problems etc.

I will be waiting for Windows 9 before i upgrade, in the hope it addresses the problems and the GUI of Win 8.

Incidentally, Microsoft will end mainstream support for Windows 7 in January 2015.
Interesting Thanks. I can't have a Mac coz it's no good for a lot of stuff I work on.

Am still waiting fr the win 8.1
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Anyone on Windows 8 & updated to Windows 8.1??

Have had nothing but problems since, had Norton Security & that seems to have been superseded by Windows Defender - No matter what I try Norton just laying dormant in Monitoring mode?
Everything is so much slower I assume because of the above so frustrating.....

Anyone had this problem? Is there anyway of removing & reverting back to Windows 8??

Help please x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Anyone on Windows 8 & updated to Windows 8.1??

Have had nothing but problems since, had Norton Security & that seems to have been superseded by Windows Defender - No matter what I try Norton just laying dormant in Monitoring mode?
Everything is so much slower I assume because of the above so frustrating.....

Anyone had this problem? Is there anyway of removing & reverting back to Windows 8??

Help please x
This is MY question too! I am still waiting to be advised by my son that it's the right time to click that button!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Definitely wouldn't update to Windows 8.1 Nightmare!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Oh dear, thanks for the warning!
Windows 8 is a pain and I had thought of downloading 8. Don't think I will now.

Ps in my opinion Norton is an even bigger pain in the a** than Windows 8 I would never ever touch it again
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Windows 8.1 NO!!!!!!!!!

Windows 8 Fine
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Windows 8.1 NO!!!!!!!!!

Windows 8 Fine
Sorry meant 8.1
Why did you update if Windows 8 was fine?
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »