Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hmmmmm, so some of you are saying don't be such a wuss to the rest of us who are cowering in the corner!!!

I will have to reserve judgement until the evil day actually comes - either this laptop gives up, or XP support goes out of the "window". However, given some of the comments on here, I am going to be driven bonkers by 8.1

I think that I will kidnap my pet nerd, and not let him leave the house until he has given me full, concise and understandable instructions on how to navigate the thing.
Hi Sally believe me if I can master windows 8 anyone can. Having had a look around and tidied up the day I got my laptop I wondered what all the fuss was about

My biggest problems isn't the OS but the dark keys on my new laptop, even with a light on they are hard to see
On my old laptop they are grey with black writing and easier to see.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Hi Sally believe me if I can master windows 8 anyone can. Having had a look around and tidied up the day I got my laptop I wondered what all the fuss was about

My biggest problems isn't the OS but the dark keys on my new laptop, even with a light on they are hard to see
On my old laptop they are grey with black writing and easier to see.
Not wishing to gloat but one of my 'requirements' was a backlit keyboard so I can sit in the dark and use it lol!

I lurve my new Lenovo!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Not wishing to gloat but one of my 'requirements' was a backlit keyboard so I can sit in the dark and use it lol!

I lurve my new Lenovo!
Spoilt Brat
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Here you go Bitkin!
Learn Windows 8 in 3 minutes (OK, it's really 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8NpwiEuzc

I've never heard anyone talk so fast!

And .... the slower version!
The Missing Windows 8 Instructional Video - Who moved my Windows 8 Cheese?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BSmm...ature=youtu.be

I honestly am off to doss now - can't stay up all night laughing with you lot!
Meg
Supervisor

22-10-2013, 08:55 PM

I lurve my new Lenovo!
...Pat I tried backlighting when I used my sons laptop and didn't like it , I guess it is my eyesight.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
...Pat I tried backlighting when I used my sons laptop and didn't like it , I guess it is my eyesight.
Well I wasn't too keen on the backlighting on my son's VAIO but I love it on this lenovo - love the keys too and it's easy to toggle it on and off as well just the Fn + spacebar.

Oi! You didn't say anything FUNNY in this post! You've made me respond without saying anything funny now!

Don't start making us all discuss this SERIOUSLY! It's only blerdy puters and sometimes I feel like chuckin' em all off the verandah!

**I'm waiting tapping my foot for Nippy to come back and tell us she has watched, listened to and inwardly digested all the info in the 3min and the 25min tutorials and now she ABSOLUTELY LOVES WIN8 lol!
Meg
Supervisor

22-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Here you go Bitkin!
Learn Windows 8 in 3 minutes (OK, it's really 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8NpwiEuzc

I've never heard anyone talk so fast!

And .... the slower version!
The Missing Windows 8 Instructional Video - Who moved my Windows 8 Cheese?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BSmm...ature=youtu.be

I honestly am off to doss now - can't stay up all night laughing with you lot!
I watched the slower version it is all a bit scary because it tells simple people like me about things I am never going to want to do.
For example why shuffle Google to one corner while you open another thing, one item at a time is enough for me to deal with
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 10:07 PM
I will look at that link tomorrow!

As for keyboards, most of my letters have long since disappeared so it doesn't really matter what colour the keys are
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 10:46 PM
I've upgraded to windows 8.1.

I never use the tiles so don't know what improvements or otherwise it has made to them, but I really missed the start button for closing down as it seemed to take a lot of juggling to get the side menu to appear and then jiggle to the power button.

Hubby has also sorted it so that it starts to the standard desktop too rather than the tile window so, for all intents and purposes, it's more or less back to what I'm used to

I haven't had any problems with the upgrade so far, but it's only been on a couple of days
Meg
Supervisor

23-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I've upgraded to windows 8.1.

I never use the tiles so don't know what improvements or otherwise it has made to them, but I really missed the start button for closing down as it seemed to take a lot of juggling to get the side menu to appear and then jiggle to the power button.

Hubby has also sorted it so that it starts to the standard desktop too rather than the tile window so, for all intents and purposes, it's more or less back to what I'm used to

I haven't had any problems with the upgrade so far, but it's only been on a couple of days
That's interesting Chris I am going to try the upgrade at the weekend when I will have more time and no toddlers around.

Because I have only just had W8, it is all still new and I am not yet set in my ways I think it may be the best option for me.
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »