View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Sounds like you were happy enough with the model you have,liked the picture quality etc.Seems yours has seen better days but why not go for the same model? Better the devil you know, sometimes
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Eileen, I did not actually choose the Canon PowerShot A590 IS that I have. Effie, my computer guy, told me about it and that a local store had it on special offer and would deliver it, and that is how I ended up with it!

But it is playing silly boogers in that it is not working properly all the time and eats up batteries like there was no tomorrow so I asked Effie if he could find me another one.

He came up with a Canon PowerShot SX160 from a store in Ramat Gan who would send it registered mail for free only when I called them they did not have the 160 but the earlier model the 150 which they said was as good as the 160 and quite a lot cheaper.

He also came up with a Samsung which has a lithium battery - only I did not like the reviews. Not sure about the reviews of the Canon but as I have eight rechargable AA batteries I do not think I need the Samsung with the lithium battery.

The plus of the Canon from this store in Ramat Gan is that it has a three year guarantee. And they will supply it with a x number of wotsit memory card and also a padded case.

And I really only want a point and shoot camera so might as well buy it.

I think.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Really should invest in one myself
Using my iPad to take photos at the moment, its pretty good,not ideal for popping in your handbag though. Was a nightmare on hollies too,obviously sun was shining all the time so basically I was shooting blind
Have to say I'm so envious of people like Phil,always able to get the dream shots
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
What if I say I just want a boob reduction and a tummy tuck?
I think we would all like that as well

Have you tried looking on eBay? (Am I allowed to say that?)
My daughter is starting a photography course in September but needs a certain camera. I've been looking on said web site and prices aren't too bad.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2013, 08:58 AM
eBay is usually no good for me because I live in Israel and too many companies/eBay sellers will not send here.

So I will get the Canon from the company in Ramat Gan, and keep hoping for the boob reduction and tummy tuck.
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Eileen, I did not actually choose the Canon PowerShot A590 IS that I have. Effie, my computer guy, told me about it and that a local store had it on special offer and would deliver it, and that is how I ended up with it!

But it is playing silly boogers in that it is not working properly all the time and eats up batteries like there was no tomorrow so I asked Effie if he could find me another one.

He came up with a Canon PowerShot SX160 from a store in Ramat Gan who would send it registered mail for free only when I called them they did not have the 160 but the earlier model the 150 which they said was as good as the 160 and quite a lot cheaper.

He also came up with a Samsung which has a lithium battery - only I did not like the reviews. Not sure about the reviews of the Canon but as I have eight rechargable AA batteries I do not think I need the Samsung with the lithium battery.

The plus of the Canon from this store in Ramat Gan is that it has a three year guarantee. And they will supply it with a x number of wotsit memory card and also a padded case.

And I really only want a point and shoot camera so might as well buy it.

I think.
malka, the sx150 doesn't have a viewfinder. I thought that was what you wanted? See review
http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Ca...Shot_SX150_IS/
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Take a look at the PANASONIC LUMIX LF1. It is really small, has a viewfinder and has an excellent performance, it is available in black or silver has a very good Leica lens. See here.
http://snapsort.com/cameras/Panasonic-Lumix-LF1
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

03-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
malka, the sx150 doesn't have a viewfinder. I thought that was what you wanted? See review
http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Ca...Shot_SX150_IS/
I know the SX150 does not have a viewfinder. Unfortunately I will have to accept that as it is the only camera that I can get unless I want to spend four or five times the price. And I cannot find that Panasonic available anywhere here. Well it probably is, somewhere, but but the SX 150 is probably the best I will be able to find for the price. I really only take occasional snaps of Pereg as what else do I have to take photos of?

I think that for the moment it will do me, and maybe I can find something like the Panasonic some time in the future.

Many thanks for your advice!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
I have a new camera - just delivered! Having checked through as many reviews as I could find, both by various website reviewers and also comments by people who actually have one, in the end I went for the Canon PowerShot SX150 IS as short of spending a lot more there is no way I would get one with a viewfinder. I obviously do not want anything better than a point and shoot and I also did not want a bigger/heavier camera but nor did I want a smaller pocket-size one my hands are useless with small things.

I am fairly sure I will manage OK without a viewfinder as the screen is larger than my A590 IS - I just have to work out how to use it as of course there are no instructions in English, but I found them for the A590 on the internet without too much trouble so should have no problems finding out how to use this one. I hope. In any case most of the dials and wotsits are very similar.

If it will produce photographs of the same quality as my A590 - I am not into action shots or movies - and not need the batteries replacing after just a dozen pictures, then it will suit me fine.

Oh - and it is red!
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Excellent, looking forward to the pics
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >