View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Anyone else having puter problems in the heat?

I only use mine in the evening, but it is so hot in the house by then and although my laptop starts off okay, about an hour later it begins to slow right down and last night it ground to a total halt

I have a fan pointing at it at the moment
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 06:15 PM
My iPad went off outside today while I was listening to music. My own fault it did get pretty hot... No bother with laptops in the house though.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Haha I hadn't thought it might be the heat doing it!
Mine has been playing silly booogers for days now!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 06:45 PM
I have been googling..........it seems that anything above 80 degrees is not good for computers, and not only can really slow them down but also damage them permanently

*cranks fan up a notch
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I have been googling..........it seems that anything above 80 degrees is not good for computers, and not only can really slow them down but also damage them permanently

*cranks fan up a notch
Oooo-er well I have my fan on full blast anyway for me but I will share it with fanny!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 07:51 PM
My mobile been playing up
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Hi Sally I had laptop overheating problems back in May before the hot weather started and Carole suggested a special fan pad which my laptop sits on and it has helped a lot.
It plugs into the USB port.

I did lots of research reading reviews and this is the one I bought..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also switch my laptop to hibernate if I am going to leave it for any length of time.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2013, 10:37 PM
You can get a laptop fan from the pound shop.. They've got a usb plug and you put your laptop on it and the fan runs underneath it.. Not sure if it works to be honest, I've got a macbook so I haven't got the problem of it overheating too much. But my old packard bell was terrible. I had it perched on 4 little shot glasses in the end, which seemed to help as it increased the airflow underneath it, but towards the end I just couldn't use it when it got hot..
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
You can get a laptop fan from the pound shop.. They've got a usb plug and you put your laptop on it and the fan runs underneath it.. Not sure if it works to be honest, I've got a macbook so I haven't got the problem of it overheating too much. But my old packard bell was terrible. I had it perched on 4 little shot glasses in the end, which seemed to help as it increased the airflow underneath it, but towards the end I just couldn't use it when it got hot..
They're quite effective, as good as the expensive Riser/fans
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Thank you for that everyone - I currently have a desk fan aimed right at the computer and it does seem to be helping, although every now and then everything freezes solid.

Thank you for that link Mini - I might get one of those.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >