View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2019, 05:31 PM
You certainly couldn't do any worse griff.
I think we need some ordinary people running this country those who know what's it like to lose a job lose your home struggle to make ends meet not a load of hooray Henry's born with silver spoons in their mouths who have never done a hard days graft or truly experienced what it's like to struggle.
As for boris nuff said. Suffice to say he wouldn't get my vote.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Yes Lynn, Steve and I both said that last week...you need someone from the real world wh knows the fear of not having enough money to pay your bills or feed your kids
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-05-2019, 08:28 PM
I would vote for you Kelly As mentioned above there's a lot worse than you in parliament right now, about 650 of them
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Lol... maybe a new career for me.,...
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 11:04 PM
I was just reading an article that says Boris is wanting to divorce his wife in 6 weeks so that 'when' he moved into No 10 he can move his 26 (I think it said) girlfriend in with him.

The girl must be crazy. He's cheated so many times on his present wife you'd need a medal (or a share of his large income I suppose) to take him on
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 06:05 AM
Exactly Chris...that's why I am not a fan
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Personally I care not a jot about his private life but more about his ability to be Prime Minister. He was a brilliant Mayor of London ... not qualified to comment on his performance as Foreign Secretary ... and I have this image in my mind of Boris and Donald interacting together which I cannot get out of my mind!! He may be just what we need to restore our reputation across the world after this Brexit fiasco. I don't think it fair to criticise his upbringing and the fact he was born into privilege ...none of it his fault or choice, like David Cameron he was lucky enough to have such a privilege ... this is classist claptrap IMO.

Certainly Prime Minister's Question Time would be very interesting with Boris at the helm!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 08:01 AM
You are entitled to your opinion as we are. No we cannot help what we are born into shame those born into privilege do not seem to understand that and have some compassion for those who weren't.
I daresay Boris is clever in what I am not sure. He will be a disaster in my humble opinion but then can't say I have ever liked many if any tories to be brutally honest.
They do not govern for the common people only for those with money friends and relatives in banking etc.,

So yes you can call me a leftie marxist whatever you like but I have had hard working parents, husband still is and son still living in this country. What does my son and partner still living in the UK get for it at the moment nowt. They work their backsides off as do their partners rent privately cannot afford to save a ridiculous amount for a deposit
to own their own home. Thousands of homeless people across the country and not all through their own fault.
Gorden and I could of been one of the number due to redundancy through the Conservatives. We had to move away from our roots and friends and family my sister very ill at the time so we could keep a roof over our heads and not to have to return Dillon back to his breeder.
That's fair ? That's what they did for us.
So no never liked never will vote Tory.
Youngest son gave up on London to noisy, expensive and stressful work to stressful here to so moved to Madrid with partner and her family loves it work life balance much better better rail links the metro is marvellous he says whereas in London he would bike every day a 20 mile round trip to and from work to avoid the dirty never on time overcrowded expensive trains.

So quite what they have done for the commoner not sure.

Edited to add overstressed, overworked, teachers, dilapidated schools I can vouch for this husband still works in the education sector not as a teacher anymore has had first hand knowledge of the downfall of education since the tories came into power..
Same with Nurses and hospital staff doctors surgeons etc., and our hospitals in general. Our ex DIL is a nurse as is her mum and sister.
British steel and other great British industries failed since being privatised. So what we will he or any other tory do to put the Great back into Britain ? All that we were famous for as said British steel, our ship building etc., gone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 08:45 AM
I've voted Labour all my life, but we don't have a Labour Party anymore - it's now the Momentum Party which is communist based. For that reason, I can't vote Labour anymore.

I won't vote Conservative because of what Lynn says together with their leaning toward benefiting the rich while penalising the poor.

I won't vote Liberal because they change their minds like they change their knickers. Couple that with their total disregard for the referendum result and they are out for me.

So basically that leaves me with a forced choice of not voting anymore - at least not until political parties sort themselves out and I, hopefully, have someone worth voting for
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 08:57 AM
I must admit Chris I find it hard now to vote but although not a fan of the Labour party anymore due to its lack of seeming to have good policies and to be honest not sure about Corbyn but must admit a lot of what has been written about by tory owned papers and the BBC is total nonsense and dare I say lies I am not sure of him but I would vote Labour to keep the tories out as I am not sure another term of them we will survive those of us not born into privilege.

I didn't like blair and had hoped the party would overthrow him and i am sure he was the start of the downfall of the party he was more tory than labour another one born into privilege.

Oh dear there i go again with my classist claptrap.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >