View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you all had a great time and the fact that it is not competative sounds even better.
Looking forward to the pics next week
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Glad you found a class you are happy with as that's really important!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Sounds like you all had a great time and the fact that it is not competative sounds even better.
Looking forward to the pics next week
Thanks . It was definitely the fact that it is not serious/competitive that got OH to come...he's coming again next week, so he must've enjoyed it too

Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Glad you found a class you are happy with as that's really important!
Thanks, yes definitely. I'd heard so many stories about other places it really put me off.

As we've talked about, I'm sure Hoki would have loved working trials, but the agility sections are just too much (plus not easy to find classes that suite my spare time). Stumpy would be useless, she'd track for about a minute before geting sidetracked and end up directing you to the nearest rabbit hole
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 01:22 PM
The class sounds absolutely ideal Hali - I much prefer the idea of a fun class rather than purely competitive. Whereabouts is it held?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
The class sounds absolutely ideal Hali - I much prefer the idea of a fun class rather than purely competitive. Whereabouts is it held?
It does seem ideal . Some of the class do compete and I think just come along for extra practice; for some their dogs were getting too stiff after competition so they find it a good way to wind down to retirement and others just want to do it for fun.

It's at West Linton....probably a tad too far west for you?

Did you ever get anywhere with the one that trains near Vogrie Park?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
It does seem ideal . Some of the class do compete and I think just come along for extra practice; for some their dogs were getting too stiff after competition so they find it a good way to wind down to retirement and others just want to do it for fun.

It's at West Linton....probably a tad too far west for you?

Did you ever get anywhere with the one that trains near Vogrie Park?
Probably is a little bit too far. I didn't go to the club at Vogrie after Dani told me of her experience with it

Yogi and I are starting a new club tonight, over near Cornhill on Tweed. It is a bit of a trek, but supposed to be a good club (obedience, not agility tho).
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Probably is a little bit too far. I didn't go to the club at Vogrie after Dani told me of her experience with it

Yogi and I are starting a new club tonight, over near Cornhill on Tweed. It is a bit of a trek, but supposed to be a good club (obedience, not agility tho).
Ah, I'm getting confused I think...thought that was the one that someone (Missymum?) had recommended.

Good luck at the OB club - let us know how you get on
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Sounds brill my son is deperate to do agility with Cosmo
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Brilliant!! Cant wait for pics!!

So glad you have found a good, friendly club they are pretty hard to find.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Glad to hear you've found somewhere to go. Agility should be about fun. I don't like places that get competitive.
I was talking to someone last week whose given up because she feels she's too slow Its a shame. Her dog enjoyed it and for 70 something she did very well.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >